sears- package problem

edsmith100

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
sarasota fl
on 3-23-04 i paid sears 49.99 for voom regular programing and a plus pac of my choice for 39.90 a month.i then called voom to set up a install and to give them my cc# and in my case buy the stb for the sale price that sears advertised @399.99.i gave voom the info from sears,they deducted the 49.99 from the sale price and took 376.00 as payment for my programing and stb.the installer came and set up the tv.he then gave me a kit,and told me to call voom and get 30 days of free programing.i did.i leave town,come backon the 10th of june and i still have free programing,i call voom and tell them and they stop the free service.i still have reg voom plus my free stars pac.i look on my bank statment and find that voom hasnt taken any mony from my cc yet.i caal to tell them,they say they will take car of it.2 days later i go on the voom web site,and they are billing me for vava voom price.i call and they say they will take care of the problem.yesterday i call and talk to a csr and after some time she comes back and informs me i owe 39.90 plus 14.99 for the starz pac.wrong! i get a supervisor and he tells me that the sears deal i got for 399.00 and the paperwork i got with the sears statement was the wrong paperwork for the 399.00 deal.therfor i do not get the free starz pac. it says the first plus pac is on us.i am good guy,but something is wrong here.why would voom give me the extra pac for free when i first signed up and now tell me i am not entitled to the reg voom plus starz for 39.99. sean could you help me? ed

You will not get the free plus pack. Sorry. Welcome to the world of "Despite what our own brochures said we will not honor the deal". All of us who purchased at Sears after 2/28 got screwed.

Sears is going to tell you it's Voom's offer. Believe me... we went around and around on this with both Sears and Voom. We lost.

Oddly enough I just went thru this yesterday. I got my first bill from Voom and they were trying to charge me for the VaVaVoom package(still think that sounds stupid) for my first month when it should have been free. I odered PRIOR to May 21, before the promotion became null. I was specifically told by the CSR that I would still get the 1st month free even though my install wasn't until June. I get my bill for $109.50 + other and make a quick call to Voom. The CSR tried to tell me that I had to deal with it and I wouldn't get the 1st month free. I told her, either I talk to your supervisor to get this settled or I start emailing people way above his head to get it settled. So I ended up talking to Phillip the floor supervisor. I related the entire story to him and told him that since I was specifically told that I would get the 1st month by two people that day, and now you are telling me I can't have it because the install couldn't be made until June, that was deceptive business practices and false advertisement. That got his attention real quick, so he decided to agree with me :)-) so I got my 1st month free, the $80 credit I got a few weeks ago for the installer's never showing up, plus an additional $80 credit for another month for being lied to. If you talk right, to the right people you can get stuff your way. The point is, if you find yourself talking to the CSR's about billing don't let them bully you. Push back, be confident in your speaking and go above their head.

Augurr

That's an entirely different deal... a one time credit of $80 won't kill them. Giving us lifetime free plus pack they seem to balk at ;).

edsmith100 said:
sean,i still havent heard from wilt. thanks ed

email him once again. I know he has to go through a lot of messages; be persistant and email him again that you haven't heard anything.

I did the Sears route because it helps out the local salespeople.

Well, they had all the info, ie cert # etc.

I received my 1st bill last week, and they did not credit me the $49.99.

I called VOOM. The CSR looked through the system, found I was due the credit, and that the cert had not been used elsewhere.

BUT! The system is already set up to automatically take its funds, and that can't be changed for this month. They will take it off next month.

Didn't make me happy to pay extra for the first months service, which took quite some time to get. So, the money I paid will finally get credited to me more than 2 months later.

Grrr...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)