Why can't VOOM change your billing date?

kawdog

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Ruston, Louisiana
I am scheduled for my bill to be charged on the 10th since that was the day my service was activated. Anyway, I called to see if it could be changed to the 18th since I only get paid twice a month and my first check goes to the mortgage. The lady I talked to checked with her supervisor and finally said they could add on the charges for the 10th-18th and bill me on the 18th like I requested, I thought it was settled. Today I called back because some money is missing from my "available balance" that I have not spent. The girl I a talked to today said that a note had been made before but it had never been changed and that there is no way to change it. She even asked two of her supervisors and they said the same thing, "there is no way to change the date you are billed". I told her I will have to cancel then and she says not to do that, she would ask again. She comes back and says that why don't I just wait till the 18th to pay it since there is no late fees. Huh? I explained that is not possible since they do not send me a bill, the only payment method they have is by credit or debit card which they take out whenever they are scheduled to. She still does not get it. I tell her that the money is removed from my account directly since it is a debit card and my bank will pay it and I will be stuck with a negative balance and all kinds of penalties. I just don't understand why they cannot set you up with the date you want to be billed or offer a paper statement you can pay with a check. Anyone had a similar experience?

I am going to wait and see if it is in fact VOOM that has removed this amount of money from my checking account early, if it is I will have a word with them.

kaw

i hope they dont do like they did with me on my check card, they took it out twice and never made no effort for the fees i had to pay too the first time they took it out

I hope that is not the case either, but I have not spent the amount of money that is on hold, I don't know what else it could be. Even the CSR said she doesn't know why it would be VOOM since it is not supposed to bill until the 10th, I just have a bad feeling that is who it is. I am going to watch it the next few days and see what happens, if it is VOOM I will have to cancel if they cannot get this fixed. It would not be a problem at all if they would just move my billing date eight days later in the month :no

kaw

They can move it. Mine has been moved twice in the last 2 months and I have not requested it. I have no idea what they are doing at Voom but since the error is in my favor I'm not saying anything to them. I can just see it now. I let them know of their mistake and I start getting billed twice. Idiots.

Call back and change the card they charge to from a debit to a credit, then you can pay it at your leisure.

I get a paper statement and pay by check. When I signed up I gave them my credit card details for auto-pay (they said I had to) but for some reason it never went through and they started sending me paper bills.

I think I am going to try and get on a paper bill. I know a credit card would be easier but I just don't like them. I am going to call back tonight and see what happens, it will be interesting to know if they can switch me to a paper bill.

kaw

I talked with VOOM again and asked about a paper bill. She basically said you can mail your payments in but they will still charge it to your card. This leaves me to believe if you cancelled your card you could just start sending your payments in. Also, the girl I talked to today said she could change my billing date without any problem, she didn't even ask as supervisor. But there was a problem, I have a service call to install my upgraded antenna on Thursday, she said it cannot be changed till after the service call. I didn't understand that one but I will wait till after the service call and then call them back.

I also confirmed for sure that VOOM has all this money on hold, I checked the last statement they sent me and it says "autopay scheduled for July 5th", which is the day it went missing. Hopefully I can get this autopay date changed to the 18th which will solve all my problems with billing :rolleyes:

kaw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)