Voom billing problem!?

cartdan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I called in to cancel Voom on 6/13 and the CSR offered me the next month free to stay on, which I declined. He put me on hold and came back with an offer of the next 2 months free which I accepted. Well as of the 5th of August I hadn't watched more than an hour of Voom, so I called in today and cancelled altogether. After doing so, I was opening my mail and noticed that Voom had charged my card on 7/1 for service, even though they had said on 6/13 that the next 2 months would be free. I called in and the CSR (and supervisro) said that was correct, that my billing cycle was from the 6/7 till 7/7 and my 2 free months were after that. They offered to remove the pending disconnect order and leave Voom hooked up until 9/7 so I could get me 2 free months, which I declined. I don't feel that I should be responsible for paying for service beyond the 13th of August since this is the day I called in to disconnect my service and was told at that time that the next 2 months would be free so I could determine if I wanted to keep Voom or not. Am I wrong here, or are they? LMK what you think...

- Dan

Look at it this way - they would have still charged you for the whole month even if you had cancelled 6/13. Apparently VOOM has a sophisticated billing system that can only prorate charges for service upgrades, but downgrades or cancellations incur charges until the next billing cycle.

I think you're screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts