Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Does anyone know if you can specify the recording to record only the home team feeds only. I have a few set up for some out of market teams that I am avid fans of. I dont want to watch the away feeds, but I want to only watch the home RSN feed only, unless the game is on ESPN or NHL / NBA network, ect.

Is there any way to set it to record only the home RSN's feed?

Basically I am a Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs, Whitesox kind of person and only want to see the CSNCHHD or WGN9/WCIU 26 feed (When on in the 700's season ticket name your sport package) and not the opposing teams feed. Unless the game is on national broadcast.

Yes you can it's going to take some time and you will need to setup Boolean Advanced searches. Perform these with Smart Search as Keyword auto records

The formula will be the following for the Chicago teams:

For the national broadcasts do the following:
AALL BULLS EVENTS CCHANS 2 399 & Sports & Basketball
AALL BLACKHAWKS EVENTS CCHANS 2 399 & Sports & Hockey
AALL WHITESOX EVENTS CCHANS 2 399 & Sports & Baseball
AALL CUBS EVENTS CCHANS 2 399 & Sports & Baseball

*if the guide normally list Whitesox games as White Sox then place a (space) between WHITE SOX in each boolean

For the CSN Chicago broadcasts:
AALL BULLS EVENTS CCHANS 665 & Sports & Basketball
AALL BLACKHAWKS EVENTS CCHANS 665 & Sports & Hockey
AALL WHITESOX EVENTS CCHANS 665 & Sports & Baseball
AALL CUBS EVENTS CCHANS 665 & Sports & Baseball

Then I would do the following to pickup the WCIU /WGN feed or the opponents broadcast if they are not available:
AALL BULLS EVENTS CCHANS 700 800 & Sports & Basketball
AALL BLACKHAWKS EVENTS CCHANS 700 800 & Sports & Hockey
AALL WHITESOX EVENTS CCHANS 700 800 & Sports & Baseball
AALL CUBS EVENTS CCHANS 700 800 & Sports & Baseball

In the Series Manager sort the Booleans in the order (Priority) of national broadcasts, then CSN Chicago, and finally the last one with the larger channel range 700-800. If the tuners are available and do not conflict with other recordings at times you will have both broadcasts recorded.

Booleans are limited to 50 characters total.

I hope this helps! ;)

Reactions: goaliebob99
Once they are setup you can remove the team season recording currently setup in the Series Manager on the Genie. Since it's best not to have all of the Booleans setup plus the season record.

Reactions: goaliebob99
Is there any way to set it to record only the home RSN's feed?
unless you just specify the home teams RSN (s), not that I'm aware of
I know the RSN games are just rempas of the RSN feeds so why not set up a boolean for CSN Chicago and the plus networks? Then the only games you have to figure it out for are the WGN/WCIU games

one advantage of using the RSN feed and not the 700 channel feed is the length of time in the guide that is in there. So instead of recording say 4 hours for a hockey game on the 700 channel feed, if you use the RSN one you can say 3 hours for a basketball or hockey game

Yes I ended up setting a Boolean which actually works quite well. Hopefully when Directv redesigns the guide (when ever that is, hopefully sooner than later! :D) they add the option to record your teams home RSN. It seems like with a bit a programming it could be possible. Coolman's suggestion worked quiet well. Thank You!

Reactions: coolman302003
You can use your preferred team's RSN even if you are out of market. If you subscribe to a season ticket package (MLB/NHL/NBA) you can record off the RSN feed with no problem.

Just set a boolean for the RSN, and any national channels that their games air and you'll be set. For example, for hockey I use 3 to record the wings, including FS Detroit, NBC Sports Net, and my local NBC. I do not include NHL Network as they do not have exclusive games for my local team.

You can use your preferred team's RSN even if you are out of market. If you subscribe to a season ticket package (MLB/NHL/NBA) you can record off the RSN feed with no problem.
I swear there is an echo ;)

iceberg said:
I know the RSN games are just rempas of the RSN feeds so why not set up a boolean for CSN Chicago and the plus networks?

Reactions: ejb1980
I swear there is an echo ;)

I love the first week or more of a sports season, depending on the league. I have the Sports Pass and during those times, you can watch the actual game, pre and post game, etc without changing channels. Some do it again after the respective All Star game.

How about if we don't have the regular home channel e.g. for a Boston Celtics game not CSNNE but the NBALP home airing, not possible? I watch every game I can and sometimes a bit later or wont be home would like to just DVR all Home broadcasts but on NBALP the channels change daily they can show anywhere in the NBALP channels.

How about if we don't have the regular home channel e.g. for a Boston Celtics game not CSNNE but the NBALP home airing, not possible? I watch every game I can and sometimes a bit later or wont be home would like to just DVR all Home broadcasts but on NBALP the channels change daily they can show anywhere in the NBALP channels.

If you have LP, you should be able to record from channel 630 CSNNE when the game is on. Maybe you need sports pack, but it can be done.

I would setup these Boolean Auto Records via Smart Search

AALL CELTICS EVENTS CCHANS 2 399 & Sports & Basketball
AALL CELTICS EVENTS CCHANS 630 & Sports & Basketball
AALL CELTICS EVENTS CCHANS 700 800 & Sports & Basketball

Put them in the Series Manager in the order I have listed above and see how that works.

If you find CSN NE is recording a lot of games/events other then the actual live games you can also add LIVE to the search above, but I only recommend it if your having a lot of extra stuff being recorded.
AALL CELTICS EVENTS LIVE CCHANS 630 & Sports & Basketball

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)