dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
Wrapping up unfinished Super Bowl business
Friday, February 17, 2006

By Peter Leo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It seems we have some unfinished Super Bowl business to attend to.

Seattle still in denial

From the minute Super Bowl XL was history, Seahawks fans, led by coach and whine steward Mike Holmgren, began crying that the refs beat them. The Morning File was willing to allow them a day or so to work through their grief and rage, but almost two weeks later, they're still at it! At least, the T-Man is. He is a KUBE-FM jock, and he seems beyond help. So incensed is T-Man that he spent $6,000 on a billboard that carries his cri de coeur with some unprintable sexual innuendo. (You'd think he'd be more incensed with Mom and Dad for sticking him with "T-Man." But he has only himself to blame, because he was born Rob Tepper.)

"I feel bad for the Seahawks, the people of the city, and I almost feel bad for Steeler fans because their Super Bowl win was tainted," he told the Seattle Post Intelligencer. "The people in Pittsburgh must know they didn't win this game. I hope they feel hollow about this victory."

Speaking for all of us, we don't, Mr. T-Man. Parade video available on request.

'Butt-ugly' columnist nailed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember our pal from Denver, the columnist of "Pittsburgh is one butt-ugly town" infamy? I refer, of course, to the unforgettable Bill Johnson of the Rocky Mountain News. Steeler Nation showed the man no mercy. But he gets a going-over at home in the current issue of Westword, the Denver alternative weekly (westword.com). Press critic Michael Roberts says colorfully what we already know: There were so many things wrong with the offending column "that counting them all would require a calculator with the power of a nuclear reactor."

Roberts cites two previous incidents where the columnist blurred fact and fantasy. One came last July, when Johnson wrote of an abortion protester who'd threatened his life for two years after he'd written about her in the Orange County Register, his employer at the time. A reader claimed the story was made up, and the California newspaper had no evidence of it in its files. Johnson "apologized, sort of," in a column six weeks later, Roberts says.

But he had nothing to say to Westword of his Pittsburgh atrocities. His boss, John Temple, characterized Johnson's inaccuracies as "sloppy" rather than devious. But Roberts wonders why the man is still employed. "With journalism's reputation reaching subterranean depths, it's likely that many news organizations would have disappeared Johnson by now. But at the Rocky, three strikes doesn't always mean you're out."

God Save Pittsburgh!! Go Steelers!! Who hoo. Super Bowl Champs!!

Number 1!!! Pittsburgh Rocks!!! Ben is awesome. Jerome is a legend. Bill is the greatest coach of all time...

When does baseball start?

Just like the Steeeler babies who wouldn't quit whining after the Colt game, or the Steeler fan who threw the rock through the refs house window? And that was for one bad call. But I see now Seahawk fans are just supposed to shut up! Enjoy the most tainted superbowl win of all time ,and don't worry what other fans think you are recognized as the champions no one else.

still, grass fairies.

oh you mean becham, with the spice sl*t??

hes english, correct? so....no teeth married ....no brains??

soccer,,,,euroweenies inc.

and why germany, hold it in france .....or san francisco....lol

Hart5150 said:
Just like the Steeeler babies who wouldn't quit whining after the Colt game, or the Steeler fan who threw the rock through the refs house window? And that was for one bad call. But I see now Seahawk fans are just supposed to shut up! Enjoy the most tainted superbowl win of all time ,and don't worry what other fans think you are recognized as the champions no one else.

you played for the cowboys in the late 1970's ...right.

the steelers never won, the other team lost or the refs blew it. at least the coach (landry) knew how to take an ass kicking like A MAN.

and .....ah....we won the colt game......:devil:

As I recall, correct me if I am mistaken

The final score was :

Steelers 21
Seahawks 10

The Steelers were not GIVEN nor taken points from the refs.
The Steelers were not the ones calling the game, the refs were, therefore the
Super Bowl was not a TAINTED victory.

Imagine,..... If the Steelers can move up in the draft enough to pick up
Lendale White, (to take the Bus's spot) , we could keep right on going, you know Ben will not have a game any worse than the SB.

Only thing he did do was make plays WHEN HE HAD TOO ....
To bad Seattle couldn't

Jimbo

funny, i went to my cousins home today , and on his fridge was a print out of two guys.

they are looking at each other,

one is buffed and wearing a hard hat and carrying a sledgehammer, and drinking a beer and has a tatoo of the steel hypoglyphoids (yeah, they arent diamonds)

the other guy is a typical geek carrying an umberlla , in a suit, drinking a starbucks LATTE

guess who won the game!!!

screw seattle, gates, reebock and the rain, WE WON AND NO ONE IN THE BURGH FEELS SORRY FOR YOUR *SSES

Go bite the wall, Steelers fans. You can crow all you want, because the refs gave you that game. Plain and simple. Rothlisburger even admitted it on Letterman, that he didn't get that TD, that he was stopped before he got the ball across the goal line.

So, if it gives you satisfaction to crow about winning, go ahead and crow, but you only won because the refs wanted it that way. Plain and simple truth.

long_time_DNC said:
Go bite the wall, Steelers fans. You can crow all you want, because the refs gave you that game. Plain and simple. Rothlisburger even admitted it on Letterman, that he didn't get that TD, that he was stopped before he got the ball across the goal line.

So, if it gives you satisfaction to crow about winning, go ahead and crow, but you only won because the refs wanted it that way. Plain and simple truth.

Im not a seahawk fan or a steeler hater (actually enjoyed watching them play this yaer) and I thought there should be an investigation into a payoff of the referees. Even My 75 Yr old father said "I did not like the way they won that game". The officiating was glaringly obvious. They did everything short of pushing Rothlesburger over the goal line themselves. And knowing how the NFL works it would take that kind of injustice to question the officiating.

long_time_DNC said:

1st of all go back and read post # 10,

Then, about the Letterman interview.

Ben did NOT say he did not get in.

He said, "I do not know if I got in"

Under the circumstances, I can understand that answer, seeing he was in a position that he could not tell, he knew it would be close.

btw, Seahawk fan, the Ben touchdown was a 3rd down play, so they still had 4th down to score on any ways ......

I really thought I was done trying to explain all this ....

Football is over and NASCAR is here

Move on

Jimbo

vurbano said:
Im not a seahawk fan or a steeler hater (actually enjoyed watching them play this yaer) and I thought there should be an investigation into a payoff of the referees. Even My 75 Yr old father said "I did not like the way they won that game". The officiating was glaringly obvious. They did everything short of pushing Rothlesburger over the goal line themselves. And knowing how the NFL works it would take that kind of injustice to question the officiating.

I AM a longtime STEELER fan.
I was not happy with the officiating either.

But the game is over.

Why is it everyone is trying to take the game away from Pittsburgh ... The officials made the calls, NOT the Steelers.

jimbo

No one can take the game away from Pittsburgh. It's over, done, in the books. I just think the officiating stunk and that Seattle was hit with a lot of penalties that ordinarily wouldn't have been called had it been a Panthers/Steelers Superbowl.

I don't care about watching NASCAR *yawn*...

Anyway, said my piece. I'm done.

I heard some conspiracy talk during week 1 of the playoffs that the Illuminati had 4 things they wanted or needed to do before installing world government.
Number 4 was rig an entire NFL season where the Pittsburgh Steelers would win the Super Bowl. I almost made a post here telling people to bet on the Steelers for the SB before the Colts game but I didn't. I haven't researched any of this but had my doubts after the bad interception call in the Colts game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts