Seattle HD Locals

Congratulations. And in time for Football!

I think that's actually just a little over a 3 year wait Joe.

Unbelievable that after all this time they finally made it happen. Two years is right - we went live on 5/1/06 with the rest of the locals. I guess since there's no CW that Dish threw enough money at Tribune to make them happy. Wow.

If this is true, this is great news!!! I wonder what kind of deal was made.

No matter, it will be nice to be able to record Fox shows without having to worry about my intermittent OTA reception. :)

I got home at 3pm (Wed), and found KCPQ FOX Ch. 13 Tacoma/Seattle is now in HDTV. No HD content yet (maybe at 8pm) but FINALLY we have it.

Well it has been a long time coming, but it is finally here. I am very happy to see that Dish and Fox finally came to an agreement on this.

So now the big question, what was the deal they made? Obviously Dish isn't carrying the sub stations, so did Fox just finally give in?

Hears an email I sent to Seattle's CW "KSTW":

I was hoping you could tell me when I might see CW in HD on Dish Network.

Thank you,

Brad

Heck if I know……carriage of local HD signals by the DTH satellite companies are based on agreements between broadcast ownership groups and the satellite companies and done on a nationwide basis.

Last I was told….our parent company, CBS, is pursuing carriage agreement with the DTH services but their focus is on those markets where CBS owns a CBS TV station…being a CW…we kind of take a back seat.

Also….the DTH companies don’t have the satellite bandwidth to put ALL the local HD stations on their system in given markets and they’re concentrating on the “Big Four” networks as it were….ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX. To be there first and as they launch more satellites they’ll eventually add the rest of us.

Thank you for your interest in KSTW-TV/DTk

Well it has been a long time coming, but it is finally here. I am very happy to see that Dish and Fox finally came to an agreement on this.

So now the big question, what was the deal they made? Obviously Dish isn't carrying the sub stations, so did Fox just finally give in?

Read an article today that Dish and Tribune came to an agreement in 23 markets, so while the details of the agreement weren't stated, at least it's a done deal (finally)! No more SD Seahawks games! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)