SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder why they didn't do this earlier today. A lot of useless hang-wrangling would have probably been avoided.

Just got power back on from a typical Florida storm that knocked power out at 5pm. Go figure. Anyways, The boxes rebooted and WE HAVE SEC NETWORK!!!! :everybodydance

I wonder why they didn't do this earlier today. A lot of useless hang-wrangling would have probably been avoided.
hang-wrangling ?

What hang-wrangling ?

The SEC network didn't have any issues, Directv didn't have any issues, they did what they said they would.

Only hang-wrangling came from those impatient people here.

At the present time, the channel is switching back and forth between these 2 pics attached. I'll watch the 600pm ET launch :) sec pic 2.jpg sec pic 1.jpg

hang-wrangling ?

What hang-wrangling ?

The SEC network didn't have any issues, Directv didn't have any issues, they did what they said they would.

This may be far left field here, but perhaps DTV held back on lighting the channel up to try and gage just how big a deal this was for their customers. By withholding it, they can see just how many people complain about 'DIRECTV not having SEC Network working yet'. Just my marketing background taking a guess.

For those of you recording, it's been really really cool the opening so far. It shows the advantage of having ESPN resources behind it. And I'm not even a SEC Alumni! :)

This may be far left field here, but perhaps DTV held back on lighting the channel up to try and gage just how big a deal this was for their customers. By withholding it, they can see just how many people complain about 'DIRECTV not having SEC Network working yet'. Just my marketing background taking a guess.
I'm thinking they (SEC) just made a desigin to wait till there were more people available, 6 pm, people are or are getting home from work and then they can run programming right into the Prime time.

Reactions: BlueLemon
I'm thinking they (SEC) just made a desigin to wait till there were more people available, 6 pm, people are or are getting home from work and then they can run programming right into the Prime time.

I completely agree in regards to the ESPN choosing to launch at 6pm. My post was more referring to DTV waiting till 5:30p to make the channel tunable.

hang-wrangling ?

What hang-wrangling ?

Hand-wringing maybe?

Any insight as to when and/or if Watch ESPN app is going to update??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)