SEC Network overflow channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digger100

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2015
Iowa
I dont currently see any SEC overflow channels. I do see the BTN overflow(alternate) channels. I wonder where the SEC overflow channels are at? I have the choice package but I'm sure that doesnt matter. I've used the SEC overflow channels during CFB season for years. Thanx for any help.

I dont currently see any SEC overflow channels. I do see the BTN overflow(alternate) channels. I wonder where the SEC overflow channels are at? I have the choice package but I'm sure that doesnt matter. I've used the SEC overflow channels during CFB season for years. Thanx for any help.
I don't recall overflow channels for the sec ever being listed .... don't they just go with like 611.1, 611.2 ect according to whats needed for the week ?

Maybe they do. I currently see games showing up on the onscreen guide for all other channels on Sept 1 but there is no SEC alternate in the guide for that day and there are games that will be on SEC alternate channel on Sept 1.

BTN 610.3 and 610.4 are missing + some other alts. But the espn alts will be needed.

Were BTN 610.3 & 610.4 EVER used? My cable provider has two BTN alts, and I don't think I remember ever seeing the second alt get used. I'm sure it has happened, but I've just seen the rare uses of the first alt for when two Big Ten football games have the same kickoff time. I think they only do that for the early 11/12 kickoffs, I don't remember seeing two games scheduled for 2:30/3:30 kickoff.

NBCSN alt - They used to use this during hockey season, showing an alternate game for people in the markets the main game was from (which was being shown locally by an RSN) but I do not recall it being used last year at all.

NHL alt - DirecTV always takes down the NHL alt during not hockey season and MLB alt during not baseball season.

SEC alt. 611-1. Shows up in my guide.

ESPN alts. These were only used for the "reverse mirror" when ESPN would show a Big 10 game regionally in places ABC did not. Are they still doing that?

ESPN (the 700s channels) these showed minor games, mostly G5 and I-AA, from ESPN3. Is this now behind the ESPN+ paywall?

BTN 610.3 and 610.4 are missing + some other alts. But the espn alts will be needed.
For the BTN, if needed, more will pop in.
Remember, the BTN is Not the network that most of the big games are on. Its more designed so the other sports get shown qnd some of the lower teams play on it regularly .... your top teams will be on Fox or ABC or ESPN ....
All BT teams are obligated to have 2 games a year on the BTN ....

For the Buckeyes, the Rutgers game will be on BTN and if i were to guess, probably Maryland .... the TV portion isnt completed yet.

oh yes they still do reverse mirrors several times during the season. i need to have the espn alt.

btn alt's are used for 330 games and evening games sometimes.

there is a game sat sept 1 on sec alt at 330. but i dont have that channel in my guide anymore. all the other cfb games that day are in the guide.

oh yes they still do reverse mirrors several times during the season. i need to have the espn alt.

btn alt's are used for 330 games and evening games sometimes.

there is a game sat sept 1 on sec alt at 330. but i dont have that channel in my guide anymore. all the other cfb games that day are in the guide.
They will show up closer to game day.

The NFL ST is the same way, they don't show up till somewhere during the week coming up to game time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)