Second dvr 625 acting strange

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

duhibrokeit

Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Nome Alaska
I have 2 625DVR's. I am having problems with the last one I purchased. I bought it "new" from Amazon, and everything looked new and sealed like the one I received from the dish network when I got the "Alaska bush package." I am hooking up my 625 to a previous installed 4ft dish. The old receiver was a pvr. The seperator at the rear of the unit is different than the one that came with my other unit. The I just put a DPP LNB on the dish, and the signal didn't change with the old PVR. I hooked up my 625, and nothing! 2 to 5 % signal on 2 transponders! The old pvr is getting 60% on spotbeam transponder 9. ???? My question, is the cable from the dish to the receiver old and broken down? In Nome the ocean is only about 500 yards away! The end looked fine and such, but the one thing that bothers me is the 625 will shut off on its own. It will not let me watch any program that it has recorded, and will shut off on its own as well. My other 625 I can watch my dvr'ed programs with the cable disconnected, and it will operate just fine. Do I have a bad receiver? hard drive? Today I got it to work by removing the separator, and finally got it to recognize the LNB and was getting almost the same signal strength as with the old PVR receiver. So, I believe that the unit has problems! The old PVR works just fine, but those run off of different software. I've done the check switch and it comes up different each time, less satellites, more satellites, etc. Right now it is working, and I am able to watch tv, but if I go to select a show in the future to dvr, it will say that the program guide is not available at this time. Should I send this back to amazon, or the company that sold it via amazon? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I have 2 625DVR's. I am having problems with the last one I purchased. I bought it "new" from Amazon, and everything looked new and sealed like the one I received from the dish network when I got the "Alaska bush package." I am hooking up my 625 to a previous installed 4ft dish. The old receiver was a pvr. The seperator at the rear of the unit is different than the one that came with my other unit. The I just put a DPP LNB on the dish, and the signal didn't change with the old PVR. I hooked up my 625, and nothing! 2 to 5 % signal on 2 transponders! The old pvr is getting 60% on spotbeam transponder 9. ???? My question, is the cable from the dish to the receiver old and broken down? In Nome the ocean is only about 500 yards away! The end looked fine and such, but the one thing that bothers me is the 625 will shut off on its own. It will not let me watch any program that it has recorded, and will shut off on its own as well. My other 625 I can watch my dvr'ed programs with the cable disconnected, and it will operate just fine. Do I have a bad receiver? hard drive? Today I got it to work by removing the separator, and finally got it to recognize the LNB and was getting almost the same signal strength as with the old PVR receiver. So, I believe that the unit has problems! The old PVR works just fine, but those run off of different software. I've done the check switch and it comes up different each time, less satellites, more satellites, etc. Right now it is working, and I am able to watch tv, but if I go to select a show in the future to dvr, it will say that the program guide is not available at this time. Should I send this back to amazon, or the company that sold it via amazon? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

i would reset the revcr check switch again using a different separtor since you mentioned it ...& see what happenes...if still problems , then do as BOBA says & see if that makes a difference.... if you work ok with the last one then the recvr is probably bad.... why you mentioned the ocean is unclear to me .....