Second House -- Moving reciever question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

spamman

Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Okay, I've got 2 houses now. I was thinking of moving an unused receiver from one house to the second house and installing a second dish there. Is this possible (will it work), or do I have to open a new account and everything?

I'm just trying to keep cost down and thought since I had the extra receiver already on my bill, I might as well use it somewhere :).

The houses are only about 25 miles apart.

thanks.

I also meant to ask what type of dish do I need for the install? There will be only one receiver, and it needs to be able to pick up local channels. I do not currently subscribe to any HD channels. I keep getting different answers from different people.

Read your user agreement and then do what you please. It is your account and it sounds like you are trying to provide a stacked account for who ever is living in the other house. Totally in violation of your agreement and in some states violates laws against theft of signal.

Hum, didn't realize that. The second house is a lake house I have that I use mainly during the summer. Didn't realize that even though both houses are my property that I couldn't do that. That stinks, oh well, guess I just need to get out more when I'm up there :).

Hum, didn't realize that. The second house is a lake house I have that I use mainly during the summer. Didn't realize that even though both houses are my property that I couldn't do that. That stinks, oh well, guess I just need to get out more when I'm up there :).
You can setup a dish at the lake house and take a receiver back and forth with you. Leaving it there would violate your agreement but if the family is at the lake for a weeks vacation they aren't at home to watch TV.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts