Does DTV have a dual tuner dvr like E's 622?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I am looking to switch providers, and currently have a 622 from Dish. I am wondering if DTV has a dual tuner dvr like the 622? TIA!

The D* HR20 has two DBS tuners and two ATSC tuners. It can only record a total of two programs from the tuners, unlike the 622 which can do three. The expection is that you can record a VoD program at the same time as two other for a total of three. Also, unlike the 622, it outputs only 1 channel at a time, no TV2 like on the 622.

THANKS for the info! I was hoping it would output to tv's like the 622 :( But that is what I was wondering! THANKS!

All the outputs are active all the time, HDMI/Component/S-Video/Composite, and it supports an RF remote. So you could hook up another TV to it, but it would watch the same channel on both sets. Probably not what you want to do but wanted to mention it.

THANKS for the info! I will have to wait until they have something like that :)

I don't think I'd be holding my breath for that to happen. I haven't seen any rumors about D* coming out with a box with that feature in it. IMHO, their big push is for HD and why put $'s into designing a box that doesn't do HD on TV2?

The D* HR20 has two DBS tuners and two ATSC tuners. It can only record a total of two programs from the tuners, unlike the 622 which can do three. The expection is that you can record a VoD program at the same time as two other for a total of three. Also, unlike the 622, it outputs only 1 channel at a time, no TV2 like on the 622.

Can you watch one of the tuners not used when recording, for example if recording 2 satellite channels can you watch an ota channel or if recording one of each could you watch one of the other ones.

Can you watch one of the tuners not used when recording, for example if recording 2 satellite channels can you watch an ota channel or if recording one of each could you watch one of the other ones.

Nope, two tuners being used is the max, doesn't matter that the other two are doing nothing. You can watch a recording while two tuners are being used if that helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)