Second Sporstster just died...

leeb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Anybody else having problems with these things????

I had to wait a month and a half for the last one to be replaced after #1 died, right out of the box. This one has worked pretty well for about a month. Now it appears just as fried as the first one was!

What a major pain in the a**....

this looks like some really lousy quality control!
LeeB

The Sirius Sportster has been one if not the most reliable receiver. I have not heard or read about any quality problems. Having said that, I am sure a certian percentage of any consumer electronic product will have problems. Even the King iPod has a few bad apples. I have had 4 921's from DISH, but let's not go there.

Check the antenna!

I have posted this before, I hope it may help you. The antenna has a much higher failure rate then the "Sportster" unit. I thought my unit had failed, but when used with a new antenna it worked perfectly. The installer said that the antenna does fail! Once I had a new antenna installed I'm back to listening to the greastest radio programming ever, Sirius radio!

Thanx for the info...I'll pick up a new antenna and let you know if it helps.
LeeB

sirius radios are very unreliable. buy it at costco or costco.com so that you can return it whenever it breaks and not have to deal with sirius' crappy warrenty. ive returned my starmate replay three times now. costco is cool because you dont have to return the antenna or power supply, just the main unit. makes it real easy to switch it out with a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)