Second TV off one receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

enricong

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I've read from a few people that you can use one of the other outputs to output to another TV (you just have to watch the same thing). For those of you who have done this, how are you able to control the box from the other room since the remote wont go through walls?

The only thing I can think of is some sort of wireless IR repeater. I've seen some online but I have no idea of the quality so I wouldn't know which one to get.

Except for the plain SD boxes, all other current D* receivers will work via RF, as long as you have an RF remote. (RF remotes are not normally supplied with all said boxes, but you can buy one from D* for around $20)

Oh, you can just buy an RF remote? I saw an RF remote option on the box but didnt know it was built in. I have an HR-22 and I didnt see where an antenna would be. Two questions:

1. Do you know how well the remote works? I tried a remote for my computer once and the range was very poor.

2. From the menu, it seems that I have to choose between RF OR IR. Ideally, I'd like to be able to use both so I could leave one remote in the other room. (I suppose I could buy two RF remotes)

If you have a HR22, you have an RF remote. The HR's come with RF remotes.You can be sure of this by looking on the bottom of the remote, if you see a sticker on the bottom with a FCC ID# its an RF. worst case scenario, you take the remote from room to room.

Oh, you can just buy an RF remote? I saw an RF remote option on the box but didnt know it was built in. I have an HR-22 and I didnt see where an antenna would be. Two questions:

1. Do you know how well the remote works? I tried a remote for my computer once and the range was very poor.

2. From the menu, it seems that I have to choose between RF OR IR. Ideally, I'd like to be able to use both so I could leave one remote in the other room. (I suppose I could buy two RF remotes)

If you have a HR22, you have an RF remote. The HR's come with RF remotes.You can be sure of this by looking on the bottom of the remote, if you see a sticker on the bottom with a FCC ID# its an RF. worst case scenario, you take the remote from room to room.

As Mental said, check the remote you have, it should be a RF one already.

btw, you can use RF OR IR, but not both.

Jimbo

AH, I feel stupid now. I checked to see if mine was RF by blocking the sensor, but I forgot that I had to set it on the HR22 first.

Now if I buy another RF remote, can I use both with the same unit?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)