Seeking advice..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

2clicksaway

Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Hello, I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything satellite related. I'm actually posting this for my dad who is a hughesnet customer (I didn't see a section for posting hughesnet related questions). I noticed most questions are tv related, but I thought someone here may be able to help. My dad has a just over 2 years setup from hughesnet (of course, right at this time to renew his lease - which he'd rather not do) that is having some problems. During periods of hot or cold (rather cold this time of year) his system stops being able to recieve. It's not extremely cold (depending on your opninion I assume) however it does get down around the 10-25F rather often. He also had occasional problems with it during summer time, in moderate heat, 100 degrees+. I'm not exactly sure how he's testing it, but he says his transmission is fine, it's just his ability to recieve that gets messed up. Based on that, we were assuming it may have something to do with his lnb. We were going to try to see if we could find one for sale (without having to buy the entire transmitter/arm etc with it) but I was hoping maybe someone could make some suggestions based off this info. I know without proper testing etc, there's no garauntee, but I figured maybe someone could point us in the right direction.

Thanks!
2clicksaway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)