self install 2 hoppers 2 joeys

manteca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
--- i'm planning on buying two hoppers, two joeys, one duo node and install them myself, i need to be sure is these are the steps to follow:
1- connect hopper 1 to duo node and power up
2- follow the wizard installation and wait in the authorize receiver part
3- connect hopper 2 to duo node and power up
4- follow the wizard installation and wait in the authorize receiver part
5- connect joey 1 to duo node and power up
6- follow the wizard installation and wait in the authorize receiver part
7- connect joey 2 to duo node and power up
8- follow the wizard installation and wait in the authorize receiver part
9- call dishnetwork to deactivate my 922 and replace with the hoppers/joeys installation
10- wait to tv to show programming
11- connect EHD to one of the hoppers and verify if the recorded content is available
12- watch tv!!!

--- thanks in advance for your suggestions ---

My installer today hooked up the Hoppers first and let each one load individually. They both came up to the authorize screen and he called in and had the Hoppers authorized and gave the numbers for the Joeys before he started installing them. Everything came up without a hitch.

Yeah basically do each hopper one after the other and then activate everything.

Then only after seeing live tv on both hoppers start installing the joeys one at a time

--- thanks for your replies! - from your posts, i think the process goes as:
1- connect hopper 1 to duo node and power up
2- follow the wizard installation and wait in the authorize receiver part
3- connect hopper 2 to duo node and power up
4- follow the wizard installation and wait in the authorize receiver part
5- get in hand the hoppers & joeys R & S numbers
6- call dishnetwork to deactivate my 922 and replace with the hoppers/joeys installation
7- wait to tv to show programming in both hoppers
5- connect joey 1 to duo node and power up
6- follow the wizard installation and wait until tv shows a channel
7- connect joey 2 to duo node and power up
8- follow the wizard installation and wait until tv shows a channel
9- connect EHD to one of the hoppers and verify if the recorded content is available
10- watch tv!!!

--- correct me if i'm wrong in any of the steps - thanks! ---

Correct you will have to program all the remotes to there respective tvs just a you would with the 922 from the menu. You can do this after seeing live tv at each location

--- thanks for your replies and help! - in a few weeks i'll be installing the system and will keep posted how it went - thanks! ---

manteca said:
--- thanks for your replies and help! - in a few weeks i'll be installing the system and will keep posted how it went - thanks! ---

Let us know how it went; from my perspective they may require tech install to activate as they did for my vip922

I purchased and installed my 2 Hoppers & 2 Joeys.
No Problem except it took DISH about 45 minutes to get them activated by the ERT.

n0qcu said:
I purchased and installed my 2 Hoppers & 2 Joeys.
No Problem except it took DISH about 45 minutes to get them activated by the ERT.

Probably they have this rule for leased equipment? Can I lease two hoppers and get them activated? Will they work for eastern arc?

Probably they have this rule for leased equipment? Can I lease two hoppers and get them activated? Will they work for eastern arc?
not for leased equipment.

You can have that flexibility with the owned equipment being discussed in this topic.

--- hope that i don't need a tech 'cause i will own the equipment as with the 922, that i installed myself too - maybe i will remove the 922 HDD, move it to an external case and use it as EHD for the hoppers ---

--- i'm wondering if a duo node can be used for a 1H 1J until i can buy the other 1H 1J? - do i need to terminate only the client port? ---

you are advised to terminate ALL unused ports, anywhere in the system. i dont see any reason why a duo node wouldnt fuction with only one jhopper. just remember that you need 3 lines from the dish.

My experience with the 2 purchased Joeys I added to my 2H/4J leased setup is that the Joeys will self-authorize through a previously authorized, active, Internet-connected Hopper. This means that once I ran through the Joey setup wizard, they were good to go. No need to call or e-mail anyone to activate.

i need to terminate the second HOST AND client terminal? my second hopper will arrive in a few days and i will install one hopper & one joey today to a duo node. just to be sure. thanks!

The extra ports are terminated to prevent RF leakage. Which can cause interference on your system as well as other devices in your home. If you are not noticing any issues then you should be fine for a few days atleast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)