self install question --> HWS+SJ+J

splat10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2003
Currently have a OWNED 622 fed with a DP34 from 2 dish 500's (61.5 and 72) using the SD modulation for the rest of the house. Kids are finally grown to the point i need more tuners and full HD.

Without putting up a new dish / LNB can i run the 2 leads from the dishes to the DP34 (same as current) and three receiver outputs to the single node (HWS + J) and integrator for the SJ per page 12 of the job aid just adding in the DP34.

Also, i'm purchasing through solid signal and don't see anywhere to buy the integrator. Does it come packaged with the SJ? Dish Depot says theirs comes with it but they are about $50 more for the package.

Thanks!

No, that will not work. You will need a DPP33 if you can find it or the pricey DPP44. The nodes need a DPP switch as input, and the DP34 as the name implies is only DP.

Reactions: splat10
Why do you want to purchase the Hopper & SJ you can lease from DISH for the same price without upfront costs. And don't give the excuse that you can sell the 622 to recover some of your money. 622's are selling for $50-100 when they sell.

No, that will not work. You will need a DPP33 if you can find it or the pricey DPP44. The nodes need a DPP switch as input, and the DP34 as the name implies is only DP.
I assume if i were to give up on the SJ that the solo node can't be fed by the two dishes correct and still needs a new switch?

I prefer to own my equipment as installation address isn't the same as service address.

Last edited:
I assume if i were to give up on the SJ that the solo node can't be fed by the two dishes correct and still needs a new switch?

Correct. The SJ and the Hopper's node both require a DPP switch. This might be embedded in your LNB, but as I understand it, you have separate dishes.

Reactions: splat10
Correct. The SJ and the Hopper's node both require a DPP switch. This might be embedded in your LNB, but as I understand it, you have separate dishes.
Thanks. Found a dpp44 on eBay for $25 so it cost me an extra 25 which is no big deal when we're talking almost $500.

If you own your equipment dish will activate it with out a tech, even hopper

Reactions: TheKrell
You can purchase hoppers from Dish. Think of the PIA customers and the ones not eligible for leased upgrades. They gotta buy their equipment.

You can purchase hoppers from Dish. Think of the PIA customers and the ones not eligible for leased upgrades. They gotta buy their equipment.

That's kind of true. They are paying for the majority of the equipment and paying an activation fee. They are still required to have the equipment installed and they have to sign paper work. They do not sign a 24 month commitment though.

If a customer wants to install themselves then they need to purchase the equipment from a retailer.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts