Self Install Slimline 3LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jakematracia

Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
I recently purchased a new home. I have DirecTV at my primary home and was planning on getting it at my second home. I have an extra box at my primary home that I was planning on taking over to my second home.

I purchased a Slimline 3 LNB Dish and already have an HD receiver H24.

I acquired the correct elevation, tilt, and azimuth. I have a standard coaxial cable connected to one of the four ports on the LNB. The other end is connected to B Band Converter which is connected to my receiver. For testing purposes, I have not plugged the coaxial cable into the house but instead directly to the box as stated above.

I keep getting a 775 error which means that it cannot find the satellite. The solutions DirecTV suggest are to power down the SWM, which I am not using, or unplug and replug the coaxial cable. Am I missing a step? Thanks.

:welcome to Satelliteguys jakematracia!

Just for starters, you aren't supposed to use Directv at both homes at the same time on one account. I assume you aren't!

What do you mean by "I have not plugged the coaxial cable into the house but instead directly to the box as stated above"?

It sounds like the setup at your primary home is a swm type since you are getting a 775 error. Re-run the satellite setup and choose the regular non swm 3 lnb one.

I am not. I take one of my boxes with me when I go over there.
"I have not plugged the coaxial cable into the house but instead directly to the box as stated above" by this I mean that coax is plugged directly into the BBC which is plugged into the receiver. Since I was aligning the dish, my setup is currently outside.

Gotcha. Like I said, you probably have a swm setup at home since a 775 error is swm related so you need to re-run the satellite setup at the vacation home.

I will try that again. But if that still gives me 775, what should I do?
I have done research so I'm not trying to be lazy and get you to google answers for me by the way. I appreciate your help.

Yes, 775 is a SWM error code. You need to rerun set up on the box to slimline 3 and multiswitch in order for it to work. You'll also need A BBC as well

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

FYI. When running satellite setup you will probably find the dish type selection is grayed out. Select "multiswitch" first as the multiswitch type and then the dish selections will be available.

Reactions: raoul5788
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)