Self-Repairing My Vizio VP322 Plasma TV

That's why I'm considering a wholesale board & cable replacement strategy. In essence a "rebuilt/refurbished" TV.

That's probably the only way you could be financially succesful. Find the same model with a cracked screen and trasplant your good screen into it. Not sure if replacing boards blindly is much of an educational experience. You really need a voltmeter and an oscilloscope to do any meaningful troubleshooting.

A bit worried that if you just swap boards, you may end up turning good boards into bad ones.

I just got one of these TV's in here today for repair. [Vizio VP322] It was dead and all fuses were good. On the power supply board I had to replace three caps, C236, C234 and C233.

Replacing these caps fixed this TV I have here. I don't know what caps you replaced in yours, but if you didn't replace these three, then they might be something you could try. C236 was visibly bulging, the other two weren't.

I just got one of these TV's in here today for repair. [Vizio VP322] It was dead and all fuses were good. On the power supply board I had to replace three caps, C236, C234 and C233.

Replacing these caps fixed this TV I have here. I don't know what caps you replaced in yours, but if you didn't replace these three, then they might be something you could try. C236 was visibly bulging, the other two weren't.

I have to look,I believe I replaced C234 & C233,those were the only ones bulging. I'll take a look at C236,it wouldn't hurt to replace it.

I have to look,I believe I replaced C234 & C233,those were the only ones bulging. I'll take a look at C236,it wouldn't hurt to replace it.

Yeah, fairly easy to try. The swelled one in this TV here, C236, the 1000uf cap, read 0uf on my cap meter. The two un-swelled ones,C234 and C233, read 851uf and 1256uf where they both should have been 3300uf. Good luck!

So I just went ahead & ordered a new power board & finished putting it in today & I'm happy to report that I'm watching the Broncos-Chargers game on it right now. I'll need to order a new main board because,as I said earlier,one of my HDMI inputs isn't working,but I'm happy that I have my TV working & I didn't have to put it on the street curb.

It's really NOT complicated.......if you know what you are doing.

That's the problem...I'm an unhandyman and, although I can eventually do the research and figure many things out, I just don't have the time. My dad had a garage filled with tools and used to service the family vehicles...but then come metrics and computers and he just didn't have time to monkey with things since he had billable worked lined up.

I just researched it online. If I hadn't of done that,the TV would have been sitting on the curb. i tried the "soldering" route,but not being trained to solder & not having the proper tool to diagnose which capacitors I needed to replace,I was just working in the dark. I was pretty much "through" with soldering(maybe later after I can practice more,it'll be a different story). Buying a new(used/refurbished from eBay) powerboard was the safest route for me.

I just bought these two meters, nice for those caps that are bad, but don't look bad, I went to electronics school from 1960 to 1962 worked as a bench tech, and went in to satellite Tv as a dealer in 1982 did all my own receiver repairs, and did it for other dealers too.

Here are THE METERS, don't buy them as a kit, they're not made to be built like a kit, and you might screw it up unless you have great solder skills

anatekesrmeter.jpg
image_9957.jpg

The usual suspects were to blame for the image and logo to not be working initially. The relay would click once, but not again. Replaced 9-10 bad caps and now I'm getting the amber logo to turn white but the relay quickly turns itself on then off after powering up. I've checked the relay and the neighboring thermal cut off resistor, both are good. I've also checked the fuse near by. This is all on the vp322 tv Any thoughts or direction would be awesome. Thanks

The usual suspects were to blame for the image and logo to not be working initially. The relay would click once, but not again. Replaced 9-10 bad caps and now I'm getting the amber logo to turn white but the relay quickly turns itself on then off after powering up. I've checked the relay and the neighboring thermal cut off resistor, both are good. I've also checked the fuse near by. This is all on the vp322 tv Any thoughts or direction would be awesome. Thanks
If you need replacement parts, go to this website, they helped me get my vp322 working again.
https://www.shopjimmy.com/

Soldering was a big waste of time for me.

Congratulations! I too repaired my 32" Vizio with a new main board due to all the HDMI inputs were not working anymore. I found the exact match board on ebay with good photos for $69. The board was cheap compared to fixing it part by part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts