Sell or Toss

joprandi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2003
I have a few DISH receivers gathering dust in the basement and I don't know if they have any value. I have 2 2700's, 1 -4700, 1- 811 and 1- 6000 with both adaptors.

Are these worth anything and if they are where would be the best place to get sell them?

There are a number of people who have an unnatural attraction to the 6000, but its lack of MPEG4 is putting a serious crimp on that fetish.

The 811 has a small fan base of users that don't have an OTA tuner for their display.

The SD receivers are scrap unless you can find someone who is suffering from nostalgia.

As always, see what things are going for on eBay.

I sold 4 sd receivers last year on ebay in quick order. 2 301's & 2 311's. The most I got for any one of them was $40. If you happen to have some of the old "hackable" stuff, they sell mighty high in dollars.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a 522, will have a 301, and a JVC DHS100 S-Video receiver that are collecting dust. But I sure wasn't going to give the 522 back to Dish for 10 dollars. It was the principal of the thing. The only think on that one is the optical port is kind of broken, but still works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts