Send Dish a Message

i dont have a problem paying $100 for the additional dish and switch, but i think the voom channels should have just been added to the original HD package. Do you think it fair for E* to up your monthly payment because they add some obscure home shopping channel? No, of course not. E* is just taking advantage of everyone's overwhelming desire for more HD content, which i think is wrong.

buckwild said:
i dont have a problem paying $100 for the additional dish and switch, but i think the voom channels should have just been added to the original HD package. Do you think it fair for E* to up your monthly payment because they add some obscure home shopping channel? No, of course not. E* is just taking advantage of everyone's overwhelming desire for more HD content, which i think is wrong.
Adding the shopping channel is what keeps your payments lower.

gunn55 said:
Dish Network - will pay a civil penalty of $50,000 for telemarketing calls
Guess who is paying this one? :yikes
All 11.23 million of us subscribers!! It comes to less than one-half of one penny per subscriber!
Yes, Dish was wrong, and I'm glad a state is making them pay, but you make it sound as though it is a big hit on all of us who end up paying!
Dish probably spent ten times that amount on lawyers to fight it!! Now that's obscene!!

Think back years ago with the C-Band's, the first one's were thousands of dollars, and the only people who got them were people willing to pay. Dish Network has not gone up that much. $3.00 for the basics, after about 6 years(I think). As far as HD, dish has always had fair pricing, and if you've got to pay them $5 more a month for 10 more channels, it cost them money to have it up. Either get it or don't. They don't have the room on 110 and 119 for more HD. Otherwise, yeah, they would put it there, why not. I'd say after the MP4 upgrade, and Dish 1000, you probably will get everything on one dish, but they offer it now on 61.5 for the eager beaver's.
Yeah, I'm an installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)