Sending Radio Channels Through a TV Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
I have been multiplexing the outputs of my two dish 522 receivers throughout the house and I find I am mostly listening to the SkyAngel radio channels.

With SkyAngel going away, I am thinking about what I will do to get the same effect. I do not have whole house audio setup, though I do redistribute the TV signal to many spots in the house.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for how to approach this? I believe my multiplexer (Channel Plus) requires an audio signal to properly "make" the channel. I have been thinking of turning an old computer (still fairly fast) into this role, but a smaller item would be better. I want a single place to receive the channel and then send it throughout the house.

Feel free to move this to another place if it is not appropriate here, though I am looking into this since SkyAngel is going away. :)

Brad

If your new audio source does not provide video, how about a DVD player? Check before you buy it, but most DVD players these days ought to have an option that just loops the video over and over again, without stopping.

Record some DVDs of the Worship Network's nature scenes, or perhaps get a DVD with video of a fireplace or aquarium. This would give you a nice video source, and you need not connect the DVD player's audio outputs to anything. Just the video.

I suppose that would work, but then I have to run the DVD player all the time, and that is certainly not appealing.

Thanks for the thought though!

Brad

I'm confused as to what you are asking. If the SA radio channels are going away, what will you be sending to the other TV's?

I'm confused as to what you are asking. If the SA radio channels are going away, what will you be sending to the other TV's?

That is what I am trying to figure out. :D

It currently works great with the RCA output from my Dish Receivers, but I am trying to figure an alternate cheap way to do the same thing, or at least something similar.

Does this help?

Brad

but what is the source? Right now you say the Dish box for the SA radio...but if SA leaves then what source will you use in that place? And will you still be sending the output to other TV's from the same dish box or are you trying to feed something else like a computer output (if you stream the audio)

Probably a dedicated computer, but I am open to a dedicated device that can get an Internet channel. I have high-speed Internet at home, but I don't see a compelling reason to go with the "new" SkyAngle IPTV service, even without knowing the details. If I can tap any channel on the Internet, why not just do that? :)

Brad

I assume your original post meant to say that you need a video signal to be able to send the audio...

Any video source will work. If you have a spare VHS recorder or anything else that supplies video, just connect its output and make sure it's providing a signal. I use this technique to include audio from my satellite receiver on my security camera channels.

I don't want just channel 3, nor do I need to limit to that since my modulator can choose any channel. I just need a good way to get the signal.

I guess one approach is to focus on making a media center PC. I don't know the right places to go for the information to that, but I will have to do something as I can no longer rely on the status quo. :)

Brad

iTunes/appleTV

There are many approaches to internet radio; did you know that there are Christian channels available via the internet using iTunes or apple TV?

I know there are other ways to receive this audio, but since I use iTunes to manage my music collection and to subscribe to podcasts I found it easier to just listen to the music this way.

I still have yet to buy any music with iTunes, though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)