Senior TSR Explains: Some 722 Series Experiencing Anomalies Due To Buggy Software

Well my original question was about the fake signal loss screen that I'm getting, and really if it is a known issue or something I should be worried about. But I guess I will just wait for the new software release and see if it is still doing it.

I am having the same issue on my 722. Occurred several times while watching previously recorded programs. Same software version that was mentioned.

TSR's talk to engineers now? That's new... Did that just change in like the last hour? Someone should send a memo out for these things...

A "senior" TSR is a TSR that has managed to avoid being fired for 6-8 months. TSR's don't work directly with engineers, and I haven't ever heard of one who even actually knew an engineer.

Anyways... 722k's are identified by serial number, but meh.

TSR's talk to engineers now? That's new... Did that just change in like the last hour? Someone should send a memo out for these things...

A "senior" TSR is a TSR that has managed to avoid being fired for 6-8 months. TSR's don't work directly with engineers, and I haven't ever heard of one who even actually knew an engineer.

Anyways... 722k's are identified by serial number, but meh.

Why such negativity...? For what...?

The Senior TSR I'm referring to has been with Dish for over 4 years. He simply said, Dish SW engineers were aware and working on it... He knew... he's the one who told me what was wrong. The guy is spot on, intelligent, and doesn't answer questions with a script. He's the most knowledgeable TSR I had the pleasure to speak with.

Now, how you managed to extract all your negativity from the opening, is beyond me...?

The TSR I called today, in an attempt to actually identify what series of my 722 represents — was unable to tell me... He was here in the States, and had absolutely no flippin' clue... That's not how to improve customer support, but I guess you have to start somewhere?

The Senior TSR told me, Dish had hired a very large number of people, and continues to do so for CSR and TSR positions. He stated, Charlie had realize he wasn't paying attention, and was caught off guard. I guess 2Qs of net sub loses tends to catch one's attention.

I do have to add... when I pushed '3' for tech support this evening, and by the time the automated system said it was connecting me, he came on without a single ring! Now that's a first! Now all they have to do is actually train them. Even he said I had more knowledge than him... just by posing the question?!! :eek:

Well maybe dish was reading about my complaint last night, woke up this morning to my new version. Hope the fake signal loss issue is gone.

Why such negativity...? For what...?

The Senior TSR I'm referring to has been with Dish for over 4 years. He simply said, Dish SW engineers were aware and working on it... He knew... he's the one who told me what was wrong. The guy is spot on, intelligent, and doesn't answer questions with a script. He's the most knowledgeable TSR I had the pleasure to speak with.

Now, how you managed to extract all your negativity from the opening, is beyond me...?

The TSR I called today, in an attempt to actually identify what series of my 722 represents — was unable to tell me... He was here in the States, and had absolutely no flippin' clue... That's not how to improve customer support, but I guess you have to start somewhere?

The Senior TSR told me, Dish had hired a very large number of people, and continues to do so for CSR and TSR positions. He stated, Charlie had realize he wasn't paying attention, and was caught off guard. I guess 2Qs of net sub loses tends to catch one's attention.

I do have to add... when I pushed '3' for tech support this evening, and by the time the automated system said it was connecting me, he came on without a single ring! Now that's a first! Now all they have to do is actually train them. Even he said I had more knowledge than him... just by posing the question?!! :eek:

Just because... But logically speaking there are other reasons as well.

1. If they're that experienced and decent an employee, they wouldn't be a TSR...

2. Charlie doesn't learn from his mistakes... Because you know the outsource call centers are going away... soon.......right?!..... But Charlie said!

3. DISH has always hired large numbers of CSR and TSR positions, because the turnover rate is atrocious. All things considered, you can't fault them in a thankless as all hell job like that. For the #2 DBS provider, Charlie is f'n cheap (not too cheap to manage to send several hundred retailers on an all-expenses paid cruise every year though........)

4. Most of the worst problems in DISH are caused by CSRs (TSR, CSR, CSS, CRS, blah blah blah... they all have headsets permanantly screwed into their skulls...) that don't follow the scripts, or start ad libbing. Think about every customer you ever had the displeasure of dealing with after they were given bad info. Don't you just wish the CSR had followed the script?

5. CSR's are dyslexic. It's two bloody eight-digit numbers! How hard can it be?!

6. I'm generally biased in this area due to certain "Executives" I know... (They are Executors of the toilet paper rolls in the rest rooms...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts