Sensor for Von Weise (Reed Switch)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
Anyone have a reed switch/sensor for a Sensor for Von Weise Actuator (part number V76-301)?

Or any reed switch at all?

Online these reed switches cost more than my entire actuator!
PM me

i4tas said:
Anyone have a reed switch/sensor for a Sensor for Von Weise Actuator (part number V76-301)?

PM me

I read some where of some one using a Radio Shack magneic switch and maganet on some brand of accuator .

Wyr

PM me
Hi, I'm looking the same reed switch could you let me know where did you find it ill appreciate

Image-1[379].jpg IMG_5027.jpg IMG_5337.jpg IMG_5344.jpg
Von Weise carries the reed switch.

customerservice@vonweise.com

Build you own with reed switches from DigiKey. Quite the selection to select from.

Thank for your reply I really appreciate it, I just sent a email to Von Weise hope to hear from then soon,
and about DigiKey this is my problem I'm looking for this reed sensor model is Hamlin 59140-522 but is not listed in the DigiKey catalogue so I decide to a similar one the last 3 digits change
I bought this reed sensor 59140-010 from Digi key but it didn’t work, I was wonder if some of you already builded your one reed switches from DigiKey if so what Reed sensor did you bought ? I was reading some post about Von Weise actuator but is not the same model like mine I will attaches some pictures of my actuator Von Weise 36 volt. for record I'm using this actuator with a ASC1 titanium positioner as soon as I connected I get the sensor limit error I have tested the motor directly with a 12v battery and work with not problem, any help I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
This actuator has the magnet inside see picture
I was thinking it was one of those units when I saw where the switch was mounted. I have used a simple glass reed switch called a "Flex 14" from Digi-Key and built several sensors for different magnet wheels.FTA2018 004.JPG

The larger reed in this picture is the Flex 14. I use that switch and a 10 magnet wheel in my AJAK . The switch can double count each magnet as it passes giving me 20 counts per revolution of the magnet wheel. I rev of the wheel is 1° of movement of the dish.
The smaller reed and a 16 magnet wheel goes 32 counts per degree but only a Titanium ASC1 can count that high.

Magic static I have the Titanium ASC1 so that won't be a problem, about the wheel sound interesting but I'm not sure is that wheel will fit inside of my actuator I hope the Von Weise support give good news about the OEM reed sensor because I can't find it any where 59140-522

Magic static I have the Titanium ASC1 so that won't be a problem, about the wheel sound interesting but I'm not sure is that wheel will fit inside of my actuator I hope the Von Weise support give good news about the OEM reed sensor because I can't find it any where 59140-522

Hmm, did you actually checked the reed switch with a continuity tester (while the motor is running) and verified that it's bad? Not trying to pass judgement, quite the opposite. But I just recently encountered a similar situation, limit error on the ASC-1 and took the actuator apart, but the sensor ended up being fine. That's when we found that the wires behind the ASC1 had gotten loose. Not the proudest moment, but at least it was easy to repair :)

Reactions: Cham
I always have a couple spares of the factory VonWeise switches. Been a while since I changed one, they are very sensitive to lightning nearby etc. A 100uF cap at the motor terminals on the ASC-1 likely helps. They are not difficult to change out.
Maybe if you get a couple spares you'll never have to change the sensor again? :)

Cham thanks for your input, do you have a picture of the factory Von Weise switches? I already contacted by e-mail Von Weise support, but still not response I just want to make sure if they change the serial number of the Switches because I can't find it any where 59140-522

Reactions: Cham
Yes sir!
Note they are different because I ordered them at different times (thought I had a blown one and ordered another spare) Should all work the same though. Good luck!

vanweiss_0.JPG vanweiss_1.JPG vanweiss_sensor2.JPG

Reactions: Melvinfta