Sept 19th 6:00 AM HD D* PARTY!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have yet to see an "expert" with the inside scoop that doesn't get there info from here. I even called out one from another forum about his secret information source. He admitted it was Scott.

Good for E* stuff but this site usually lags on D* info, just the facts.

Nothing here.

BTW the info did not come from me, I said this yesterday. I reported yesterday that iwas was DirecTV's CSR's who were reporting that the channels were coming today.

Take a look at how many people called DirecTV yesterday and were told the same thing.

I think DirecTV has a BIG problem, I don't know if it is with their CSR's or with their Satellite. Enough is enough, turn the damn channels on already.

Nothing here.

BTW the info did not come from me, I said this yesterday. I reported yesterday that iwas was DirecTV's CSR's who were reporting that the channels were coming today.

Take a look at how many people called DirecTV yesterday and were told the same thing.

I think DirecTV has a BIG problem, I don't know if it is with their CSR's or with their Satellite. Enough is enough, turn the damn channels on already.

scott, its like i posted in another thread. if 1 or 2 csr's were saying hd was going live today, that would be one thing. when its over two dozen (and more, i'm sure), then you had to believe something was going to happen.

i had to make a call to tech support at 10 last night and was told today was the day. something happened overnight. funy thing, i said to the lady last night there phones would be ringing off the hook if the hd didn't show up today. she replied there phones would be ringing off the hook anyway.

i agree there's a big problem. the csr issue has always been a problem. but i believe this is much more widespread and much deeper.

Oh but you're wrong. I called them yesterday and they committed to deliver. D* customer service reps obviously know as much as we do on these boards, that being nothing.

Uuhhh... the D* CSR's do not know as much as we do on these boards in my experience. I think others will testify to that. I see you are new around here. I once was like you too. Just sit back, relax... learn the ropes, and you too will see you should not get excited because CSR's are reporting dates and times of launches.

I think it was crazy for you guys and gals to get up early to just watch for new channels to come on live. Did you think they would then go off right after coming on and would not still be on when you normally get up. :D

Some people did. I was already up at that time because I get up at 5:30 to get ready for work.

Ok guys...

This is starting to piss me off. I just called again and spoke to a rep named "james" who said that some new HD channels will be coming today, but that they did not have a specific time of the day of when.

This goes against the call I made a half hour ago saying that there were issues and the rollout had been delayed.

Does ANYONE at DirecTV have an idea of whats really going on?

Ok guys...

This is starting to piss me off. I just called again and spoke to a rep named "james" who said that some new HD channels will be coming today, but that they did not have a specific time of the day of when.

This goes against the call I made a half hour ago saying that there were issues and the rollout had been delayed.

You mean D* CSR's are being inconsistent???? Like the ones whose supervisors tell customers that if they have good signals on the previous 3 sat positions then their 5lnb is properly aligned for the new sat??? :eek:

Ok guys...

Scott, I am honestly shocked that you would ask a question like this. And that you of all people are calling D* and asking CSR's about the launch of the new HD.

I'm not normally on here but I, too, was excited for the HD rollout. I just wanted to confirm that I talked to 2 reps at DirecTV last week to help configure my H20 and they both said today was the rollout date..

I'm a noob to this stuff but normally I am a technical guy, I just never needed to know about satellite stuff ever. But my installer did a wonderful job of specifying a 3 LNB dish when I had a box car and also a 4x4 multiswitch instead of the 6X8. I hate the info their reps have.

Ok guys...

Scott, at least you are trying to find out something. On the "other" forum everyone is keeping quiet.

Thanks for you efforts.

Obviously the launch was delayed and it takes a day or two to filter down to the CSRs hence all the wrong information they handed out. Now the question is..the same as its always been.... When is the first HD channel going to appear?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)