Sept 19th 6:00 AM HD D* PARTY!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok this has nothing to do with the CSR's. They are the lonely pawns in this "HD WAR". They can only tell you what they know, and right now that's nothing! Based on some of these postings im glad im not a CSR for directv today. Don't get me wrong I'm very upset! But taking it out on the reps doesn't acomplish anything. If you really want to do something find Mr. Carey personal email adress and bombard him with millions of e-mails explaining your discontent for broken promises

Well if they can only tell you what they know then they shouldn't speak. Because more times than not they don't know SQUAT about whats going on. This is my last post not getting into firing shots. This is my opinion agree with it or against it. I don't CARE!! Have a good day maybe one day we'll see HD. 2010 maybe?? who knows.. Call CS -- oh yeah they don't know they are just pawns of war.

well we agree now also. DirecTV paid BOEING to get it done. So as you say - BOEING is at fault.

As far as the second part - I am not defending DirecTV - I just don't think that this is their fault. I still 100% believe that they intended for a mid-Sept HD launch - no more, no less.
I agree to this as well to an extent! September is not over yet. Correct. Directv paid Boeing yes! But As a General Contractor, Its like me paying the Roofer,and then the roof Leaks. The Homeowner Pays ME. So I'm responsible for the roofer,not the Home owner.Yes its the roofer fault ,but its also my fault too for giving him the roof contract. Same goes with Directv. Its their Satellite. If Boeing is to blame ,then thats D* problem not our. SO D* has to step up and start giving something back to its customers, just Like I have to if theres a problem with my Sub contractors. Business is Business. The rules are the same.

I was awake this morning around 4 a.m. EST I had done a reboot. It hung up. D* ran into some problems with a software download at that time. My guide wouldn't come up, I got "searching for satellite signal" during the reboot, and also had a date of 12/31/2006 on my internal clock. Eventually, I got the clock back and the guide. Even at first the clock was off by an hour but then it reset itself. I spoke to a tech guy and he said the company was aware of it. He also said it was hoping to have this resolved by 10 a.m. EST today.

I still had my bagel with Cream cheese. Its now Miller time. Instead of one beer, its a 12 pack with my name on it to cry in my sorrow. :river

ahh, heck, the food was great, the company was fun, the conversation was stimulating.

Well if they can only tell you what they know then they shouldn't speak. Because more times than not they don't know SQUAT about whats going on. This is my last post not getting into firing shots. This is my opinion agree with it or against it. I don't CARE!! Have a good day maybe one day we'll see HD. 2010 maybe?? who knows.. Call CS -- oh yeah they don't know they are just pawns of war.

What the heck is your deal? I find that offensive. Why? I have a few friends that are CSR's, and I wouldn't exactly call them stupid. So before you go off on one of your tirades, remember that. :mad:

And as someone else said, I'm GLAD I'm not a CSR at D* today, because of people like you. Good day.

I am only a DirecTV customer since 2006, though I didn't opt for HD because I was unimpressed with what they offered at the time (not much--a few channels and no Jacksonville locals). The recent Dish offer had me send an email last week asking about how to terminate my service and return the equipment, which resulted in retention offering me basically the same deal that Dish was offering (and this was with 9 months still left on my initial two year commitment). I took it, and the earliest install date they could schedule for me was October 10. However, I got a call yesterday, and they managed to squeeze me in, thanks in part to the horrid weather that was apparently preventing many installations from taking place in the area.

What does all this have to do with the new HD channels? Not a thing, really--just that I'm still too thrilled to finally have it in place to get even the least bit upset over the apparent delay of the rollout. I'm sure the folks at DirecTV are working as hard as they can to get the new channels up and running. It is a shame that they are suffering from a communication breakdown with their CSR's, but that, sadly, is not that unusual, not in this or in any other business.

My Opinion On This Day. I May Feel Different Tomorrow! I Have A 5 Month Old That Kept Me Up All Night. When I Call Next Week And They Send Me Out Another Free Hd Box I'll Love Them. Sorry If I Offended!!

I am only a DirecTV customer since 2006, though I didn't opt for HD because I was unimpressed with what they offered at the time (not much--a few channels and no Jacksonville locals). The recent Dish offer had me send an email last week asking about how to terminate my service and return the equipment, which resulted in retention offering me basically the same deal that Dish was offering (and this was with 9 months still left on my initial two year commitment). I took it, and the earliest install date they could schedule for me was October 10. However, I got a call yesterday, and they managed to squeeze me in, thanks in part to the horrid weather that was apparently preventing many installations from taking place in the area.

What does all this have to do with the new HD channels? Not a thing, really--just that I'm still too thrilled to finally have it in place to get even the least bit upset over the apparent delay of the rollout. I'm sure the folks at DirecTV are working as hard as they can to get the new channels up and running. It is a shame that they are suffering from a communication breakdown with their CSR's, but that, sadly, is not that unusual, not in this or in any other business.

:welcome Daffin

Status
Please reply by conversation.