September 9th 8:50pm Box Shut Off-, And Other Problems- Anyone Else?

Elektrobot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
At about 8:50 pm this evening our Fios DVR box shut itself off, and I figured it was going to load an update or something, so I let it sit. It kicked itself on after about 2 min, and just displayed 4 dashes instead of the time or channel, and the screen just said "please wait a moment while fios starts up"

It sat there for about 5 min- so I powered off the box, powered it back on, and all I got was a message that said "service currently unavailable"

So I called support- the person I talked with said the call they had right before me was having the same problem- they "re-initialized" the box and after a few min it was up and running again, but now the picture and audio keeps cutting out, and coming back in pixelated. Every 5 seconds or so, the picture pixelates, audio cuts out, then comes back in a second later.

Tried to call customer support again- been on hold for 20 min, no answer- I guess lots of people must be having the same problem?

I'm sure it will work itself out, but just thought it might be a point of interest to post here :)

Weird,

It happened again tonight-

It happened last Sunday at about 8:50, and happened this Sunday at about 8:10

Wonder what the deal is

similar issue here; my Motorola hd dvr reset itself; I called up to see if they pushed an upgrade which vz said they did not. They did an over their air reset, and then laster i was blocked from recording. They had to come out and swap the box; sucks to have lost a few months worth of programs I was catching up on! Lets see how this new box is - same model as before!

similar issue here; my Motorola hd dvr reset itself; I called up to see if they pushed an upgrade which vz said they did not. They did an over their air reset, and then laster i was blocked from recording. They had to come out and swap the box; sucks to have lost a few months worth of programs I was catching up on! Lets see how this new box is - same model as before!

Same thing I had going on. New box so far has been OK.

This has happened several times since my last post. I would also think it was the box- and that it just needed to be replaced, however, it always happens between 8:00 and 8:15 AND it happens on both our boxes. We have two hd dvr's, and after this happened for the 4th time- I got curious if it was happening on the other tv also- so I ran upstairs, and sure enough- that box had shut itself off also. Every time I call and complain I get some idiot who is just going through a list of prompts on his computer monitor........ Even though the boxes restart them selfs most of the time and work fine about 10 min later, the tech still sends a code to them to reboot the box. I have asked for replacement boxes- but so far I haven't got them to agree thats the problem, and its really starting to tick me off.

I am not satisfied with the system all together. the dvr SUCKS! None of the programs I like have a summary in the info- just the same description for every episode. I can not get entire series of programs to record. and the most annoying thing of all, is if I rewind 2 min. of a program at 8:20 that ends at 8:30, instead of being able to watch it all the way through, it cuts it off and just starts the new program scheduled for 8:30 what the hecks up with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)