Series 3 Tivo not working properly on FiOS

Scott77

Original poster
Jul 18, 2014
I picked up a multi-stream turner for my Tivo Series 3 HD and can only get 1 tuner to work. I called tech support and they believe it might be the card so I am going to swap it out tomorrow. However I get all the channels and everything else but I just can't get the 2nd tuner to work. Suggestions? It is in Slot 1 and I verified it is a multi stream card.

I believe the Series 3 HD TiVos required 2 cable cards. I had one and had 2 single stream cards in it. The Premiere and Roamios require a single multistream card.

The TiVo FAQ http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2576 says you need 2:

You need one multi-stream CableCARD (M-card) for HD and HD XL DVRs, and two M-cards for Series3 HD DVRs. If you are using single-stream CableCARDs (S-cards), you need two cards for both Series3 HD and HD platforms.

Thanks. I was assuming that I only needed one as it was a multi stream. But I guess being a Series 3 I am stuck needed 2 regardless if they are multi stream or not. That sucks. Would you happen to know as to why my OTA channels won't come in when using the cablecard but they do when I take it out?

Thanks. I was assuming that I only needed one as it was a multi stream. But I guess being a Series 3 I am stuck needed 2 regardless if they are multi stream or not. That sucks. Would you happen to know as to why my OTA channels won't come in when using the cablecard but they do when I take it out?

I do not have my series 3 HD any more, but I believe there was an option during the guided setup that turned both on at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts