Series II Tivo to H-10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
Where can I find directions on connectiong the 2, so I can change channels with the TIVO remote? or the process of doing the RF Thing? :no

And can I run Cable thru the H-10 box or should I just run it direct to the TV. I have a spagetti mess with Cable, DirecTVHD, Tivo series II, OTA Antenna, :(

TIVO sent me a Low Speed Serial cable to try and see if it would change the H-10, and that wouldn't change the channel either, They told me to call D* and report the problem to them. D* said they would have there Tech's look into the problem and get back with me on it. lol I guess there needs to be a software update, Or they just want to force us Tivo owners to buy there D* with Tivo receiver. Then have to sign another lifetime commitment to Tivo.

Plywodstatebum,

I did the exact same thing you did. Found out later that the low speed data cable doesn't work (after I bought one from the TiVo store). The RF thing that comes with TiVo, however, does work. It's pretty slow changing channels, but at least TiVo records the right channels now.

Jon

I have a series 1 Tivo that changes channels on the H-10 at a decent speed.
I had trouble finding where to put the emitter.
The window for the sensor is at the extreme right end of the window that shows resolutions.
I found that placing the emitter head in the proper orientation ( so the RF travels upwards ) I could place it directly under the sensor location.

One thing to be sure and check --( the H-10 will work either by RF or InfraRed ) --- but the Tivo only works with InfraRed.

Note that the antenna on the back of the unit is only for RF.

I had conversations with Tivo and DirecTV both and neither had any answer and claimed they never heard of the problem.

Here is the D* Incident number from May 2.
Subject: Channel changing [Incident: 050502-000064].
Person at Tivo said they would look into the problem and get back to me.
No further word from either Commpany.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)