Seriously disappointed in Value Electronics...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Thunder7

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
Its a shame that this has happened.....I ordered an R15 from Value Electronics last week and it arrived today.

Super....this was going to be on a secondary TV to get use to it as they improve and fix some of the issue...

PROBLEM: When I open the box right away it is obvious that this was a used unit, someone else had already unpacked everything. All the wrapping for the unti and remote was in the bottom, the access card sleeve was already opened and the card in the unit....the remote was already kind of scared up.....I was not expecting much....and I was right.... I plug it in, get it hooked up.....get the initial screens saying it is starting up and right before it SHOULD go to the welcome page it just goes black....nothing comes back...the unit doesnt respond to the remote, nothing works on on the panel....it is a dead unit...

It is one thing to get a BRAND NEW dead unit, but to get one that was obviously opened previously and likely returned for the same reason is kind of hard to fathom.

I called Value Electronics, and they are sending me a new one....which hopefully will be here Friday (that is good).....but this should not have happened with this unit as it seems to me like it was already a dead unit that simply got put back into the "food chain" (not good).

Thunder7 said:
Its a shame that this has happened.....I ordered an R15 from Value Electronics last week and it arrived today.
Super....this was going to be on a secondary TV to get use to it as they improve and fix some of the issue...
PROBLEM: When I open the box right away it is obvious that this was a used unit, someone else had already unpacked everything. All the wrapping for the unti and remote was in the bottom, the access card sleeve was already opened and the card in the unit....the remote was already kind of scared up.....I was not expecting much....and I was right.... I plug it in, get it hooked up.....get the initial screens saying it is starting up and right before it SHOULD go to the welcome page it just goes black....nothing comes back...the unit doesnt respond to the remote, nothing works on on the panel....it is a dead unit...
It is one thing to get a BRAND NEW dead unit, but to get one that was obviously opened previously and likely returned for the same reason is kind of hard to fathom.
I called Value Electronics, and they are sending me a new one....which hopefully will be here Friday (that is good).....but this should not have happened with this unit as it seems to me like it was already a dead unit that simply got put back into the "food chain" (not good).

I agree but keep in mind that with tons and tons of these units going out and some coming in mistakes can and do happen. But things like this shouldn't happen but they do so just consider this an unlucky break that I'm sure won't happen again. That is the problem when humans handle these products we will always see human error. I'm not making excuses for this company or for any company but this does happen with every company. Some are just horrid while others are real mistakes and not normal "policy" if you catch my drift. Rest assured this isn't normal business practice for Value Electronics. They are very good and I'm not just saying this.

Did it come from VE or did it come from one of their distributors? Many of these online retailers don't keep a ton of stock on hand. They take your order and their distributor ships it. VE will have some since they also have a store front, but a couple of HDVR2's I got from them came directly from Perfect 10 IIRC.

Not that I know exactly what happened here, but I know from DishStore this has happened a few times, and it wasn't DishStore giving the customer a retruned unit, it was actually sent that way from the warehouse.

I know Robert and he is a good guy, he will work with you and fix the mistake no matter who was to blame.

I do appreciate you shopping from one of our sponsors. :)

The Test is in the follow up

No matter how good an organization is, mistakes happen.

The way you tell a good business is how they work to correct the problem.

My experience with VE had some rough spots, but they moved quickly to resolve the issue.
I appreciated their attitude and efficiency, I will buy from them again with the confidence that they will take care of me.

Please let us know how it turns out so that Robert can have it publicly known that he took care of the situation. Or not.

Last edited:
Robert and the whole VE team are great people and I'm sure no one there did this to you on purpose, it probably was sent out from a wharehouse like that.

ClemSole said:
That is why it is best do deal with someone local face-to-face not over the internet or phone.

I hope you're kidding. Wouldn't you say it's best to keep all your options open? I don't think you can say one way of buying something is always better than another.

(Sorry for being off topic.)

-JustBob

Thunder7 said:
I called Value Electronics, and they are sending me a new one....which hopefully will be here Friday (that is good).

That's why you deal with companies like Value Electronics. Any moron can take your money and ship out a product - it's precisely when problems like this pop up that you want to be dealing with a reputable company.

Sh!t happens anywhere - a fast response and solution is much more rare.

CPanther95 said:
That's why you deal with companies like Value Electronics. Any moron can take your money and ship out a product - it's precisely when problems like this pop up that you want to be dealing with a reputable company.

Your right . I wouldnt be complaining at all since they are correcting the situation. Mistakes happen. Its unfair to create this thread blasting Robert IMO.

CPanther95 said:
I for one think the complaint was justified although i think a thread on the issue was certainly premature, mistakes do happen and from everything ive read here Robert is very credible, had this person not been a sat guys sub/member i might have understood the real concern but anyone here thats on top of the issues like the majority of us are would have known that these things happen, its the way the problem is handled after the fact, Again from everything ive read Robert and VE are very reputable and will fix the problem. Give him an opportunity to fix the issue, if he doesnt then start a thread. I just think anyone should be given at least an opportunity to fix a mistake. even more so in a company that has sponsored a site for quite a while with very few problems and has always been quick to rectify a bad situation.

herdfan said:
Did it come from VE or did it come from one of their distributors? Many of these online retailers don't keep a ton of stock on hand. They take your order and their distributor ships it. VE will have some since they also have a store front, but a couple of HDVR2's I got from them came directly from Perfect 10 IIRC.

This one came dirctly from VE. The replacement which will be here today is from another location.

Kentstater72 said:
No matter how good an organization is, mistakes happen.
The way you tell a good business is how they work to correct the problem.
My experience with VE had some rough spots, but they moved quickly to resolve the issue.
I appreciated their attitude and efficiency, I will buy from them again with the confidence that they will take care of me.
Please let us know how it turns out so that Robert can have it publicly known that he took care of the situation. Or not.

The way they have dealt with this issue is first class. I hope I did convey that at the end of my message that they were fixing the issue. I just hope that they can improve on not allowing a previously opened item to go out...but I do understand things happen..... and it was just a message about what happened to me.

stevesmall said:
I for one think the complaint was justified although i think a thread on the issue was certainly premature, mistakes do happen and from everything ive read here Robert is very credible

I disagree with premature....issues like this need to be out in the open to be heard. It is by no means an attack on anyone, but a description of what occured and a way to do better business.

I said I was disappointed, not boycotting anyone or getting all huffy about anything, just disappointed.

JustBob said:
I hope you're kidding. Wouldn't you say it's best to keep all your options open? I don't think you can say one way of buying something is always better than another.
(Sorry for being off topic.)
-JustBob
Like I said if I can not talk face-to face- to the person I will not buy anything. I do not buy by phone or internet......

Just to complete the circle for this thread...the replacement R15 arrived as informed on Friday, and was BRAND NEW this time....worked out of the box and she is online and going.

Even though it was unfortuante and disappointing that this happened, and hope they can work on not having this occur to others in the future, they took care of it and got me a new one that works.

vurbano said:
Your right . I wouldnt be complaining at all since they are correcting the situation. Mistakes happen. Its unfair to create this thread blasting Robert IMO.

Agreed. I've done business with VE and will continue to do so. Robert and his staff are about the best I'm ever come across. Their customer service is excellent.

ClemSole said:
Like I said if I can not talk face-to face- to the person I will not buy anything. I do not buy by phone or internet......

Like the kid out of high school at Best Buy? No thank you.

Jamey K said:
Like the kid out of high school at Best Buy? No thank you.

I couldn't agree more with that. Most Best Buy employees don't know about the stuff they're selling. I refuse to get help in that store. I'll still buy things there. I just won't ask for help. I'm better off leaving and coming back later when I know what I want.

-JustBob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts