Not open for further replies.

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
Running slow and got this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forumdisplay.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.satelliteguys.us Port 80

Security errors still happening

Scott, figure I'd put this in this thread vs. the server slow again thread.

I'm still seeing these error messages today. I was on the main page and did a "new posts", read a thread, hit back icon to get to the list of threads, scrolled down, picked another one and got the security error. Did a back icon, selected the thread again and then got the screen attached (this all happened about 8:26AM CST).

Attachments

• satguys.jpg
    satguys.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 156
The errors should now be gone again. :)

There is a module mod_dosevassive which causes this, it is installed (or turned on) by our firewall when it detects a DOS attack. The problem with this is you click really fast a few times it thinks your a DOS attack and denied you access for a moment.

Anyways gone again, and I believe I have it set so it does not come up again. :)

It's necessary though, it seems a lot of the idiots decided that 2006 was going to be the year of the resurrection of spam and worms and whatnot...Worms hitting a lot of forums from what i'm reading. Not so much vbulletin (if it was old i'm sure it's getting hit), but a lot of the other boards are having some problems...I've certainly noticed the spam folder getting filled quicker...

As I was fixing it yesterday I was thinking of it like Star Trek, when the server detects we are starting to get attacked it puts the sheilds up.

Only problem is when the attack is over it forgets to put the sheilds back down again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts