Server Issue Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott is there a reason I can load satguys from my home PC (like I am with this post), but from my work ISP or my cell card I get a

WHOOPS, the page you are looking for cannot be found, then a search box for searching the satguys site?

Edit:
Screenshot attached
i too have seen alot of this page since last night
but emailing scott got issue resolved for me
:D:D:DThanks Scott for all of your help today!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Well the guys that were working on the server have seemed to abandoned me. Almost 4 hours now with no reply from them.

This means I must do things myself.

Normally I would close down the board while doing this work, but I need the server load of you our members to be able to tell if what I am doing is actually working.

So while I am working you might see error messages or missing graphics etc, as I try to track this thing down.

I don't think I am going to go to bed tonight until I track the issue down and fix it.

Again thank you for your patience and support.

What he said... unfortunately, when it comes to Linux, I'm noob, so I'd be no help at all.

Good hunting!

I am a Unix noob too for the most part. But I think I got it. I have tried calling LER for some advice but hers got something called a life, so i am winging it alone tonight.

Just waiting for Apache to recompile and its going slow as the server load is so high.

Better?

I got the load to drop from 40 down to 2.5 and its still going down. :)
:cool: Looks good, but then we've been here before. I will say that this page generated in .28 seconds compared to the 1.2s-2.6s I was seeing earlier, so it looks good here.

:tux: sez: Ya done good! Beers all around!

There is only basic caching at the moment, so we are not as fast as we could be, but after being at the screen forever, I think I will leave well enough alone and head to bed. :D

Thanks again guys for your patience and support!

It looks great here scott and fast.thank you for all the hard work you and the staff does on this site does

Well it seems much better this am (8:20 est).

Don't know if this helps but yesterday afternoon I couldn't log on at all and what was weird (and I've never seen this before) was that the tab label wasn't popping up right. Instead of the usual "SatelliteGuys.US/index", it just had part of it - like maybe "Sa/index" or something.

I thought my launch button had become corrupt but it would show up correct in the address bar but eventually it timed out with a page not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts