Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Over the past few days I have been working on the server. I am proud to say that I have been tweaking the server for performance and we now once again get an A Rating from GTMetrix. - GTmetrix Performance Report

In addition I am trying some new server monitoring software which alerts me when it sees issues. In addition I have made a public server status page which can now be found at - SatelliteGuys Server Status

In other news... ad revenue again has fallen sharply. In this month of December we have made about $2 a day in ads. This is not good. While I can (and will) pay for our servers each month we are coming into January / February and that is when a majority of our expenses are due as they renew durring this time. Things are up for renewal include (but are not limited to) Domain Names, cloud servers, Software Licensing & Add Ons. Not to mention that a new version of Xenforo is coming out shortly which may require we purchase new add ons or renew old add ons which we have not renewed as there was no need since they haven't been updated in ages. Just a rough estimate in my head we are looking at around $800 is costs for these things for the year. (again not including any new add ons we may need to buy or re-subscribe to which we don't now.)

I am also keeping an eye on our server storage, as this servers 400 gig hard drive at last look was about 70% full. Good news is I can double the space with no down time for about $10 a month

I am thinking of starting a Fund Raiser in January to raise these funds so we can be done with things. (Again that is just a thought now, nothing more. Please put your wallets away for now. :) )

Now while out Ad Revenue sounds and is bad for December, I do expect it to increase as Google is changing a bunch of things behind the scenes to make their ads comply with new US and International laws. We have made all the changes needed on our side and now are waiting for Google to fully impliment them. I have read they expect to have all changes in place for February.

Traffic remains good here, but I would like to see more people involved. So if anyone has any ideas for new forums or maybe things we can add, I am all ears. :)

Thanks everyone for being here and calng SatelliteGuys home. :)

Thanks Scot
Over the past few days I have been working on the server. I am proud to say that I have been tweaking the server for performance and we now once again get an A Rating from GTMetrix. - GTmetrix Performance Report

In addition I am trying some new server monitoring software which alerts me when it sees issues. In addition I have made a public server status page which can now be found at - SatelliteGuys Server Status

In other news... ad revenue again has fallen sharply. In this month of December we have made about $2 a day in ads. This is not good. While I can (and will) pay for our servers each month we are coming into January / February and that is when a majority of our expenses are due as they renew durring this time. Things are up for renewal include (but are not limited to) Domain Names, cloud servers, Software Licensing & Add Ons. Not to mention that a new version of Xenforo is coming out shortly which may require we purchase new add ons or renew old add ons which we have not renewed as there was no need since they haven't been updated in ages. Just a rough estimate in my head we are looking at around $800 is costs for these things for the year. (again not including any new add ons we may need to buy or re-subscribe to which we don't now.)

I am also keeping an eye on our server storage, as this servers 400 gig hard drive at last look was about 70% full. Good news is I can double the space with no down time for about $10 a month

I am thinking of starting a Fund Raiser in January to raise these funds so we can be done with things. (Again that is just a thought now, nothing more. Please put your wallets away for now. :) )

Now while out Ad Revenue sounds and is bad for December, I do expect it to increase as Google is changing a bunch of things behind the scenes to make their ads comply with new US and International laws. We have made all the changes needed on our side and now are waiting for Google to fully impliment them. I have read they expect to have all changes in place for February.

Traffic remains good here, but I would like to see more people involved. So if anyone has any ideas for new forums or maybe things we can add, I am all ears. :)

Thanks everyone for being here and calng SatelliteGuys home. :)
Thanks Scott.

I normally use Yahoo on Edge when using the internet. This morning when I clicked on the site to sign in I got the following message (Forbidden...You don't have permission to access this resource.)When I use Yahoo on Google I'm able to log on.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I normally use Yahoo on Edge when using the internet. This morning when I clicked on the site to sign in I got the following message (Forbidden...You don't have permission to access this resource.)When I use Yahoo on Google I'm able to log on.
Ongoing long term issue,been discussed many times and many places here.
The fix,clear all SatGuys cookies ( a "forget about this site" function is nice if you have it) and all will be right with the world again.Until it happens the next time.:wink

Just a heads up, received two more donations to help out.

We got a $100 from a former iamanedgecutter staff member, and an additional $50 from another member. (i thanked him via email but it bounced back so I will PM here now. :)

That makes it $650 to go for all our renewals. Thank you!

Just a heads up, received two more donations to help out.

We got a $100 from a former iamanedgecutter staff member, and an additional $50 from another member. (i thanked him via email but it bounced back so I will PM here now. :)

That makes it $650 to go for all our renewals. Thank you!
When are you thinking for the fund raiser?

Fair warning. Even if you donate by credit card, PayPal processes it. Cannot use land line phone number, must use cell to get confirmation number.

Thanks we have had two more donations come in one $100 and one $20.

I am. It going to mention names unless those giving want me to mention them.

We are down to $530 now.

Thank you again.

I probably wont be updating more tonight as today is my son’s 21st birthday and we are taking him out tonada e and Busters tonight.

I am kind of nervous because as being his dad it is my duty to buy him his first drink and I am nervous because he has never had a drop of alcohol in his life. Even when I drink beer at home (which is rare for me to drink) and offers him a sip he never wanted any. So I still dont know what I am going to order him.

I dont want him to drink something and say yuck. lol.

Thank you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I neglected to add, by choosing cc rather than PayPal (too lazy to lookup PW), and it still going via PP, PP tried to set up a second PP account for me.

NBD.

My son’s first drink at 21. He’s Never had alcohol before. Tito’s and Lemonade!

He’s only one year older than the site.

41fa037b1cdbc793843d7390f0e87602.jpg

My son’s first drink at 21. He’s Never had alcohol before. Tito’s and Lemonade!

He’s only one year older than the site

So in ONE YEAR, Bobby’s setting them up, on the house?

Oh wait. Doesn’t that ACTUALLY mean in one year we all need to send in drinks to the site?…..

Thanks we have had two more donations come in one $100 and one $20.

I am. It going to mention names unless those giving want me to mention them.

We are down to $530 now.

Thank you again.

I probably wont be updating more tonight as today is my son’s 21st birthday and we are taking him out tonada e and Busters tonight.

I am kind of nervous because as being his dad it is my duty to buy him his first drink and I am nervous because he has never had a drop of alcohol in his life. Even when I drink beer at home (which is rare for me to drink) and offers him a sip he never wanted any. So I still dont know what I am going to order him.

I dont want him to drink something and say yuck. lol.

Thank you guys!

A screwdriver (light on the vodka) is a good first timers choice. Familiar taste...

• Haha