Server Work Being Done

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just FYI - some work is being done to our server. This work is being performed by CPANEL and not by me, thus there may be some breif times when the server is unavailable.

I do appologize for any issues, but I want to make sure the server is ready to handle the load of all our upcoming CES coverage. :)

Happy New Year!

Ahh maybe that is why it is getting real slow at times..

I can't wait to see the Satelliteguys.us Exclusive CES coverage :)

I just checked the server a few moments ago, and these guys are STILL working. They have been working on things for over a day.

While we expected breif outtages we did not expect last nights long downtime. However the downtime WAS worth it as these guys managed to fix a number of big bugs we were having.

The server may go down a few times today as they continue to give us a tune up, but in the end we should be running like a top. When all is done we should be able to handle all the extra traffic from CES without any issues. :)

Thanks for your patience.

I thought it was YOUR server, and LER was handling the server-geek stuff. Why are THEY doing it?

We use software called CPANEL / WHM which handles a majority of the running of the server. This Cpanel software keeps our server up to date and applies the latest patches and software upgrades automatically.

A few of these automatic upgrades didnt go well and it broke a few things, so now their support guys are fixing the broken things and in addition are performing a system tune up on the server. :)

I have been wanting to do this for a long time, and now before our highest traffic time of the year is the best time to get it done.

I am VERY happy with the work they have done so far. :)

I got sever in the early eary am hours today that were from yesterdays post. They have been really delayed lately.

I have had blank pages come up several times and posts which magically disappeared (both yesterday and a few minutes ago). Hopefully they will get it all going again soon.

I too am having blank pages come up, but it's only after posting. otherwise it's OK. If I post it comes back blank , if I try to refresh it gives me a "Post Data error" I have to close Firefox and re open and come back into the site.

Whats up with that ?

Jimbo

Yeah something is screwy for sure. When I make a post it updates the thread, but it doesn't show on the forum page that the thread has been updated. Strange.

Yeah I just tried posting a smart ass post and nothing showed up.......... tried posting it again & nothing.........
Guess now I am gonna look not so smart and more of an ass :D

Ok all should be working again.

One of the updates done was an upgraded version of XCACHE, I commented our XCACHE in php.ini and restarted things and posting is working as is the new posts feature on the homepage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)