Server Work Is Done

Ok the server work is done for NOW.

Tonight I will move the live site over to PHP 8.1 from PHP 7.4 since PHP 7 has now been depreciated.

In my work I made a duplicate of the SatelliteGuys site and updated that to PHP 8.1. Found out that the caching that we use needed to be updated as the 8.1 site wouldn't run. So made the updates and now its running great in my tests.

So tonight as I am watching wrestling, I will update the site to 8.1 :) The down time is only expected to be a few seconds. As now it is switching the PHP version and copying the new cache config file over.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

I’m over on a different XenForo forum that features Fora and they support the Reaction Links. Not sure of the versions on the XenForo involved to make this happen.

Reactions: TheKrell and FTA4PA
However, the site today is running slowly for me. Anyone else?

We seem to have lost the Stats at the bottom of the page, too.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I removed the stats a few months ago.

But yes it does seem to be a little slower today. With the move to PHP 8.1 from 7.4 the caching is different and looks like I have some tuning to do besides using the defaults as I have done.

I have something else going on here at work, but when I get a second I will take a look.

Likes are still text and can't see how someone liked. Will this ever be fixed?
Can you explain the "likes are still text"?

When I like, I can choose how I want it to be, and I can see the likes and how they are on every other post as well.

Can you explain the "likes are still text"?

When I like, I can choose how I want it to be, and I can see the likes and how they are on every other post as well.
When someone (or more than one) likes it shows at the bottom of a post. I used to be you could hover your mouse over their name and see how they liked (the type of like would pop up). Now, it's only text and you can't see who liked, loved, sad, hated, etc.

See this post above, it has two different types of likes by a few people. You can't tell how each liked. You also don't know who the two others are anymore.

Reactions: TheKrell