Service address or billing address for locals

clayky

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Hi. I’m considering switching to DirecTV Stream and have a question. Are locals determined by billing address or physical location (I’m assuming IP address is used)?

Thanks!

I'm a satellite customer, but we use the same mobile and streaming box apps that Stream customers also use. I do know if you're watching on a mobile device locals change based on your GPS location, and RSNs are determined by billing address. I'm not sure about streaming boxes, but for locals on those it's probably determined based on the IP address it's connected to.

Reactions: clayky
I'm a satellite customer, but we use the same mobile and streaming box apps that Stream customers also use. I do know if you're watching on a mobile device locals change based on your GPS location, and RSNs are determined by billing address. I'm not sure about streaming boxes, but for locals on those it's probably determined based on the IP address it's connected to.
When we stream it on our mobiles we loose the locals along with other channels

Are you trying to say once you lose them you get different ones based on where you live? If so, then you do. Like when I was traveling to Wilson, NC (about an hour and a half away from New Bern, where Tom Speer resides in the winter months), I got different locals as I kept going south. Like after I lost Scranton's locals, I got Harrisburg's locals, then got DC's locals, then Richmond's locals, then finally Raleigh/Durham's locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)