Service address

kevex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Detroit
How long do you have to wait after a new dish install to change your service address and how long can you keep the service address...can it be permanent or will dish question it after a year or so

I did it 45 minutes after the instal.been there 3+ years. I really don't think they care as long as you pay your bill and all receivers are in the same residence.

I'd say at least a month and don't over do it. I "moved" three times last year, on the third one I was told to call an 800 number. I just closed the chat window and tried again and it worked fine. The key is to make it short, if your explanation is too long then you're asking for trouble.

I don't think I'm moving anytime soon, the weather is so nice here in Iowa.:D

I did it 45 minutes after the instal.been there 3+ years. I really don't think they care as long as you pay your bill and all receivers are in the same residence.

I also did it about 45 minutes after my install about 3 months ago. I was only "moving" about 3 miles to my work address which is in a different county because I wanted Flint locals instead of Detroit since I am much closer to Flint. It did take me 3 tries on the support chat before I could get someone who would do it for me without sending a tech out to the new address for installation.

Thanks guys...I just changed it via chat....worked like a charm...I followed Iceberg's instructions on how to do it.....short and sweet !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)