Service address

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kevex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Detroit
How long do you have to wait after a new dish install to change your service address and how long can you keep the service address...can it be permanent or will dish question it after a year or so

I did it 45 minutes after the instal.been there 3+ years. I really don't think they care as long as you pay your bill and all receivers are in the same residence.

I'd say at least a month and don't over do it. I "moved" three times last year, on the third one I was told to call an 800 number. I just closed the chat window and tried again and it worked fine. The key is to make it short, if your explanation is too long then you're asking for trouble.

I don't think I'm moving anytime soon, the weather is so nice here in Iowa.:D

I did it 45 minutes after the instal.been there 3+ years. I really don't think they care as long as you pay your bill and all receivers are in the same residence.

I also did it about 45 minutes after my install about 3 months ago. I was only "moving" about 3 miles to my work address which is in a different county because I wanted Flint locals instead of Detroit since I am much closer to Flint. It did take me 3 tries on the support chat before I could get someone who would do it for me without sending a tech out to the new address for installation.

Thanks guys...I just changed it via chat....worked like a charm...I followed Iceberg's instructions on how to do it.....short and sweet !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)