Service call for upgrading from 622 to 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bwinroc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
So I am now elligible to upgrade my two - 622s to 722s (I could use the extra space and a Sling Adapter is on my Christmas list). I called them up and said no problem, but that a technician would have to be dispatched. When I asked why, they said it was needed to install the boxes. I further questioned the need when it should be as easy as unplugging one and plugging in another, why they don't just mail it. In the end, it is a $15 service call.

Does this sound right? Not understanding the need when I would think it is a simple switch.

Also, I am aware that there is no gurantee that they have 722s in stock. I hope they do, otherwise can I turn the guy away and not pay $15?

Thanks,

Brian

Does this sound right? Not understanding the need when I would think it is a simple switch.

Brian,

Times have changed. When I upgraded my 622 to a 722k in July 2009 they shipped me the 722K with free OTA module and had me return the 622. There was no Service Tech visit as I could do it myself. There also was no charge.

As I say, times change. It may now require a service visit to insure you get a 722????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts