Service call for upgrading from 622 to 722?

bwinroc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
So I am now elligible to upgrade my two - 622s to 722s (I could use the extra space and a Sling Adapter is on my Christmas list). I called them up and said no problem, but that a technician would have to be dispatched. When I asked why, they said it was needed to install the boxes. I further questioned the need when it should be as easy as unplugging one and plugging in another, why they don't just mail it. In the end, it is a $15 service call.

Does this sound right? Not understanding the need when I would think it is a simple switch.

Also, I am aware that there is no gurantee that they have 722s in stock. I hope they do, otherwise can I turn the guy away and not pay $15?

Thanks,

Brian

Does this sound right? Not understanding the need when I would think it is a simple switch.

Brian,

Times have changed. When I upgraded my 622 to a 722k in July 2009 they shipped me the 722K with free OTA module and had me return the 622. There was no Service Tech visit as I could do it myself. There also was no charge.

As I say, times change. It may now require a service visit to insure you get a 722????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts