Service Call...not sure if this matters

jrcorwin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2006
First of all, I have the following receiver: HR20-100 and had CE v.349.

I've been with DirecTV for 10 days now. I've had three minor problems so far:

1.) All four of the NASCAR Hotpass channels wouldn't work this past Saturday - called in to D*, they sent a note to someone in engineering, it randomly starting working towards the end of the race

2.) Received error code 920 on Sunday evening. Called in and was told to reset the receiver. They were sure this would fix the problem and ended the call.

3.) Received the same error code 920 on Monday night (last night). I called in and performed a system test. It told me that there was an issue with either my dish alignment or the cabling. A service call has been scheduled for Wednesday.

So, since I have this error code issue I am apparently having trouble with 119. Beats me...it's over my head. After I called D* last night I started thinking that it might not be a good thing if they look at my receiver and I am running the CE software instead of a NR.

So, I forced a download. I thought, incorrectly, that it would revert back to the last released NR. It did not...I got v.312.

Should I worry about this? Does it matter in relation to the service call that I am running CE software?

Last edited:
If you have to call in for service you want to roll back to a regular release, just in case. Firstly because the CE could be causing the issues, and secondly because there may be differences in the software that the CSR is not aware of and may not be able to assist you properly

First of all, I have the following receiver: HR20-100 and had CE v.349.

I've been with DirecTV for 10 days now. I've had three minor problems so far:

1.) All four of the NASCAR Hotpass channels wouldn't work this past Saturday - called in to D*, they sent a note to someone in engineering, it randomly starting working towards the end of the race

2.) Received error code 920 on Sunday evening. Called in and was told to reset the receiver. They were sure this would fix the problem and ended the call.

3.) Received the same error code 920 on Monday night (last night). I called in and performed a system test. It told me that there was an issue with either my dish alignment or the cabling. A service call has been scheduled for Wednesday.

So, since I have this error code issue I am apparently having trouble with 119. Beats me...it's over my head. After I called D* last night I started thinking that it might not be a good thing if they look at my receiver and I am running the CE software instead of a NR.

So, I forced a download. I thought, incorrectly, that it would revert back to the last released NR. It did not...I got v.312.

Should I worry about this? Does it matter in relation to the service call that I am running CE software?

312 is the latest national release, at least until the one being released as I type is completed. It is version 0x34b. If your issue is ce related, the csrs can't help. They know nothing about the ce program. Look at the ce forum here for further information.

If you have to call in for service you want to roll back to a regular release, just in case. Firstly because the CE could be causing the issues, and secondly because there may be differences in the software that the CSR is not aware of and may not be able to assist you properly

How the heck do I rollback then? I was told before that you just perform the same download procedure, but outside of the CE download window. I did the download last night and I went from v.349 to v.312...which I believe is a CE release and not a NR release.

312 is the latest national release, at least until the one being released as I type is completed. It is version 0x34b. If your issue is ce related, the csrs can't help. They know nothing about the ce program. Look at the ce forum here for further information.

Oh....ok. I'm an idiot I guess. I didn't release it is a national release. I'm new to this and I thought that the MRV feature was only a part of CE releases. This version has it.

i can confirm that a 920 error is a problem with your 119 satellite. If your locals come off of that satellite then you may be in some trouble. Depends if your line of sight is clear or not, are there any trees or obstructions anywhere near the dish or in the direction that the dish is pointing? There are 2 good ways to fix this problem. The first is move the dish to a location that the 119 is not obstructed if that is an option. The second is to change the lnb to a Ka/Ku3 (SL3) lnb. This may not be an option if your locals come off of 119 because then any standard def receivers that you have will not receive local programming. If your locals come off the 101 then the tech that did the install is an idiot for using the lnb that he used. If you only have the 1 hd receiver on your account you would be fine changing the lnb yourself to a KaKu3 (buy it online) if you can safely get to the dish, because hd locals come off of the 103 in most cases. This is mostly a writeup for techs to read, but it will give you a general idea of what is going wrong in your setup, the CE is not causing this, the lnb is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)