Service Cancellation question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I can't get a straight answer out of directv.

If I cancel my service and I have a discounted sports package (Center ICE or Sunday Ticket) that I am paying monthly for am I liable for any charges that have not hit my account yet? IE I have paid 4/6 month on sunday ticket, if I cancel do they ding me for the last 2 months?

I can't get a straight answer out of directv.

If I cancel my service and I have a discounted sports package (Center ICE or Sunday Ticket) that I am paying monthly for am I liable for any charges that have not hit my account yet? IE I have paid 4/6 month on sunday ticket, if I cancel do they ding me for the last 2 months?

I doubt they'll do that. Remember you're always paying for the month ahead of service from the due date so anything you haven't paid yet shouldn't be charged. Am I confusing you further or do you know what I mean?

I get what your saying completely and thats how I viewed it. Talking to the CSR was like a divide by zero issue.

thats why I'm asking. Cause 1 CSR said no refunds if you already paid in full, but since I didn't they said I just wouldn't be billed. Other CSR acted like the satellites would fall out of orbit and it completely perplexed them

The general rule seeing the Sports packages automatically renew is to make sure you cancel before the 1st game otherwise you'll get charged.
Now, that said, I'm not sure what happens if you cancel mid season ...

call and talk to retention. They usually will know

But if you do it in monthly installments I figure they would bill you for the unbilled installments as (noted above) you cant cancel sports packages mid package

Well, I am not sure if I got lucky or something has changed.

I was able to cancel DTV and not get dinged for the remaining installments on my CI and ST packages, but I got no refund for unused parts of this last installment I paid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)