Service Downgrade - Beware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CRL1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 20, 2005
Middletown DE
Been a long time Dish customer, just downgraded my service from the America's Everything Pack to the Top250 and also turned off an old 4700 receiver that's going to be obsolete in a few month. My savings $54/ month I thought great not a bad start to reducing my monthly expenses till I arrived home late last night and found out that I lost 15 of the HD channels we had been watching like USA, TNT, ESPN, CBSSP, & WGN. I still have my locals in HD, national channels like HDNMV, AXS, UNIHD, CI and some of the movie channels.

Called back today and was told that I could not get these channels back because I didn't have the latest dish setup. I am still running a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a Dish 300 for 61.5. I realize that by not having an Eastern Arc dish I am not getting all the HD channels available to me but what we had covered most of what we watched. What upsets me the most is nobody could warn me that this would occur if I downgraded and it can't be put back to where it was before, Dish didn't just stop transmitting these channels on the particular satellite I was receiving them from yesterday.

Called back today and was told that I could not get these channels back because I didn't have the latest dish setup. I am still running a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a Dish 300 for 61.5. I realize that by not having an Eastern Arc dish I am not getting all the HD channels available to me but what we had covered most of what we watched. What upsets me the most is nobody could warn me that this would occur if I downgraded and it can't be put back to where it was before, Dish didn't just stop transmitting these channels on the particular satellite I was receiving them from yesterday.

You've just been Dished.

I'd go to an upper tier supervisor.

Good luck

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The channels you mention are in AT250 (I have AT200 and get them) and are also available on either 110/119º. There's no valid reason you lost them. You do NOT need a different dish setup.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Expanding...Some of what you said does not make sense. (not you) With 110/119 and HD on your account and an HD receiver USA HD for instance is on 119, as is ESPN and CBSSN right off the top of my head and they are all CONUS. Your arc does not matter as to what satellite you can receive from, if you are on the EA that does not mean you can't see programming for WA satellites. Since your equipment has not changed it means you need a Dish rep from here to look into your account and see what went wrong when you downgraded.

It has never mattered. Any satellite that has your programming can be used. I am living proof, I am considered EA by DISH and I get HD and SD programming from 119 (or 110 if I switch to it) and from the 61.5/72.
I can take my receiver from Ct to Florida, a complete Western Arc set up and get all channels except Ct locals.

The way you phrased it originally wasn't clear. Your follow-up clarifies that you mean "in Dish's system", i.e. based on your market. Yes, I agree with that.

I have looked at all the Favorite Lists (All Channels, My Channels & My HD Channels) and the ones I am missing (15) are not listed in any, the SD Channel is there though.
Do get in contact with DIRT on this website. They will fix you up. None online at this moment but they will get there...

Expanding...Some of what you said does not make sense. (not you) With 110/119 and HD on your account and an HD receiver USA HD for instance is on 119, as is ESPN and CBSSN right off the top of my head and they are all CONUS. Your arc does not matter as to what satellite you can receive from, if you are on the EA that does not mean you can't see programming for WA satellites. Since your equipment has not changed it means you need a Dish rep from here to look into your account and see what went wrong when you downgraded.

These CSR's don't know what else to do but upgrade when they don't see an Eastern or Western Arc system on your account.
When I check the HD channels that I am still receiving they are across all three satellites 61.5, 110 & 119.

Are you talking to customer service or technical support ? You could try the chat option as well. There are no DIRT people online at the moment....

When you call in, just tell them you have no line of site to 72.7 and that is why you have your set up that way. Its a simple fix that they just go in and mark NLOS and then you will be fine from there. No new Dish setup, your channels should remain exactly as was before(minus the premiums you removed)

Reactions: TheKrell
I sent a message to the DIRT guys, but none is on line at the present time. Hopefully soon!

I sent a message to the DIRT guys, but none is on line at the present time. Hopefully soon!
I live in Il. and they made me switch to EA. Had same problem you did. You may chat with them and tell them you have HD for life and you need a rehit of your AT250 HD package. Thay can do it, better yet if dirt comes on here. Try chat, it may work. good luck.

Reactions: Tampa8
Been a long time Dish customer, just downgraded my service from the America's Everything Pack to the Top250 and also turned off an old 4700 receiver that's going to be obsolete in a few month. My savings $54/ month I thought great not a bad start to reducing my monthly expenses till I arrived home late last night and found out that I lost 15 of the HD channels we had been watching like USA, TNT, ESPN, CBSSP, & WGN. I still have my locals in HD, national channels like HDNMV, AXS, UNIHD, CI and some of the movie channels.

Please send me a PM with your account or phone number and 4 digit security code so that I can further assist you!

Problem resolved with Dish Chat. Took over 2 hours, way too long, kept coming back to the same issue your equipment must be upgraded to the latest to receive all the channels. Even had some hilarious responses like -USA Network isn't in HD and that I never had it in HD - and - system won't let me give you HD because your 311 is not an HD receiver- never mind my 2 VIP 612 DVRs that I had with HD for years. For now I am back to the channels I had before I did the downgrade, but doing some research on DISHCHANNELCHART.COM I see HD channels listed on 110 & 119 satellites that I am not receiving. Once I gather all the info I will raise the issue with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)