Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

Scott... Did the server move or something? I noticed I get 404's unless I travel here from the front page, which would indicate out-of-date DNS?

Good to have Scott around to calm the stormy seas once and a while.
Nice to have this forum to help with the problems too.
Standing ovation for Scott......................................

While not the biggest deal in the world, I'm sure there are many like me who rely on their DVR to record their shows. I'm sure that for the few who monitor dish network news and participate in regular conversation on a forum like this one were on top of the situation. I'd imagine that most people simply missed their shows. My family missed a bunch of timers.

And the truth is we don't get HD free. The price is rolled into whatever else we pay for. If I stop sending them money, they cut off my HD.

Agreed. I can't just call dish and say I only want the free HD and nothing else.

I manage my money pretty closely, and keep track of bills and other upcoming expenses by using billpay through my bank. The one and only bill that I have that comes out of my account without my "say" in it is my insurance. Every month - it takes me a moment to figure out why the heck I'm $200 short until I realize it was car insurance. I hate that. With that being said, it cost me $99 to get something for free just because I don't feel like giving Dish free reign in my account. I say everytime there is an outage, I should get $5 of my money back. Just sayin'

Damn Klingons.

96079584340079449231.jpg

Having satellite tv, I could not do without SatelliteGuys, Scott and his Staff. I have benefited more than I could ever pay back. I am not trying to sell this site to you, that would be inappropriate in this thread, but I am a believer in it. As a Pub Member I have saved a butt load of money and not just on satellite tv stuff. I have access to many knowledgeable people who I have learned to trust, that have helped me with everything I own, from tv's to the a/c in my car.;)

Hi guys! Been a LONG time.

I saw a post from someone about timers not switching over from HD to SD. That's not quite right.

Possibly depending on receiver model (622 here), and channel number (use the low ones), it WILL switch, but you might have to reboot the box.
I am in the old habit of using the 9xxx channel numbers for "cable" channels due to an old bug with SD/HD selection, and they will NOT switch.
Locals using 2-digit numbers probably will, but if you use the 4-digit numbers, they won't.

AND = this is post #500 = what do I win? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts