Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

9/13/11 3:35PM PST

"HI Guys,
I'm an Agent with Dish Network LLC! I want you to Know that we are working Diligently to get services restored, currently we had a major Satellite #129 is completely down and that wiped the HD for the Country! So Please Do Not call into Dish We know whats going on and we will restore your service ASAP!!! If you have a HD receiver (722, 222, 622, 922,211) Please turn off you HD and you should be able to watch Standard television!!!! Thanks for understanding!!!!! Please tell everyone you know! we currently have no ETA on when it will be up! In mean timer all standard defination channels are working fine off sat's 110 and 119 respectively. Currently We don't know what happened to the sat 129 exactly other than its "Dead" in space currently".

Dish Rep #3417

Just for clarification on that agent's message, since "turn off your HD" is a little vague. If you are having trouble viewing your SD channels resetting the receiver by holding down the power button, or unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds will give you access to the SD channels.

Can you imagine all the installers out there that went to install / service / upgrade systems and could not get 129 in or could not contact Dish Network to activate system? Think of all the people that told the installer to yank it back out that they will call Directv or stick with their current provider and the others having to come back to finish the job.

Well my 922's daily schedule shows a recording happening but nothing in my recordings. If I swap to that tuner it is just a black screen. I think I will skip all my timers that I pushed back already and try again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've had timers seem to change to the CH1 VOD and it makes for a pita as it gets stuck

I hid that channel and hope it stops as the VOD 'warning' screen really causes a problem

My 722 is not recording the SD channels either. I only missed one show as a result as I did not have many set to record tonight off 129 and was able to set a timer in SD on another one and watch one live. I missed the first episode of Auction Kings tonight so now I have to either watch it online which is what I usually do when the timer is missed on the receiver or find another airing of the first new episode that aired tonight.

Can you imagine all the installers out there that went to install / service / upgrade systems and could not get 129 in or could not contact Dish Network to activate system? Think of all the people that told the installer to yank it back out that they will call Directv or stick with their current provider and the others having to come back to finish the job.

Funny you mention that. That was the EXACT thing that did happen. Have been installing DirecTV exclusively and finally managed to get a local retailer to work with me and my D* schedule. Hell of a welcome back to installing Dish, huh? LOL

No can you imagine all the installers that did work today before it went out. Now the customer is calling in because stuff does not work, and a trouble call was created. Not only does the tech have to go back to the customers house for free to tell them it is Dish' issue, this will effect their pay for the next month or more. How about all the QA's that were failed because signal was not where it was supposed to be, and the installer will not get paid for the work they did at all.

That right people you should know how bad Dish is treating it's installers now. Let's just hope they have a few decent installers left.

I am one of those installers that got screwed today. I wasted nearly 3 hrs trouble shooting it till my office called me to let me know. I had considered that the 129 was down but thought no way that cant be it.

but actually coming from 110

I wonder if they will move some of the HD channels to 110 or 119 overnight. This might be a long term problem with 129......I hope not but when I saw this message on their site that's the first thing that came to my mind.

"We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location causing an HD signal outage in some areas. We have identified the issue and based on our current estimates, the situation should be corrected overnight and your HD channels should be restored in the morning. In the meantime, you can unplug your receiver from the main power source and plug it back in to see your standard definition channels. We apologize for this inconvenience. "

I am one of those installers that got screwed today. I wasted nearly 3 hrs trouble shooting it till my office called me to let me know. I had considered that the 129 was down but thought no way that cant be it.

I tried the troubleshooting route for about 20 minutes and said, "screw it" and tried call DNS. As soon as I realized all numbers...and I mean EVERY SINGLE FREAKING NUMBER...was coming up busy, right then and there I knew something was up.
Props to Scott and this site, because it was then I fired up the Droid to see if there was the off-chance of something being posted. Didn't quite expect the 4 or 5 pages worth of "I'm not getting anything on 129". LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts