service temporarily not avaliable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kopper

Original poster
May 2, 2005
message "service temporarily not avaliable", shows up on my two h10s intermittlely no pic but sound some times
anybody else getting this message

Try to unplug the Reciever from the power outlet for a few, then plug it back in.

I done that, after my Samsung 360 was driving me nuts, whenever the error message showed up, i pressed the select button, then if i hit the selected button again by accident, the picture/audio would go out.

unplugging the reciever for a few, solved the problem.

This started on my Samsung 360 last week. The first time, the message was only up for about 3 seconds and everything came back. It has happened twice since then though.

If you can't conveniently reach the plug, hit the red reset button beside the access card behind the front panel. That worked for me last time.

All you people have a solution, Unplug or hit the reset
This has been happening on my 2 H-10s as well.

Well we should not have to find a solution. It should not happen.

Has anyone addressed it with D* yet ?

Did this happen BEFORE the H-10 upgrade that fixed a bunch of stuff ?

I don't remember ....
Yes it is happening here also, WE should not have to find a fix.
D* should send a message to all of us IF they have any idea that it is happening, however I am not holding my breath.
They have a message system, they should use it.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
All you people have a solution, Unplug or hit the reset
Well we should not have to find a solution. It should not happen.

Has anyone addressed it with D* yet ?
Jimbo

I tried and after pushing phone buttons for 15 minutes I never got to talk to a real person and got disconnected. May try again after dinner.

Man, glad I found this thread, thought I was going crazy. I posted this problem with my 360 on another board and no one knew anything about it.

In MY case the lockup is contemporaneous with guide flakiness; i.e. the guide will show "Upcoming" programs for many channels, not the current one. When the box DOES lock up and I reboot the guide reloads and all is OK for a couple of days.

Also, it seems to happen a lot around the shopping channels (239-240). Once I got TCM on 239. :)

Just another vote.

=NLK=

mine does the same thing on the menu, i did reboot yesterday and i havent seen it since

My H10 did it a couple of times yesterday on 76 and tonight it did it several times at the start of the Busch race on TNT. Hit the reset button by the acess card and the H10 did it's thing and has been fine now for the last couple of hours. Just a little glitch, nothing to get excited about!

Since the "problem" is happening on a couple of different stb's I would say they are not causing the glitch. Maybe D* is working on the new satellite and moving some transmission signals over to the new bird. I would expect some minimal disruption as D* changes things as the new satellites come aboard. I guess time will tell as D* isn't telling us whats going on. One thing I did notice was that if you did nothing while the signal was interupted it just came back up on it's own in a less than a minute to maybe a couple of minutes and that's why I figure they were doing something on D*'s end. I haven't noticed this happening on the two D10-300's we have on other tv's just the H10 on the hd tv.

Last night around 9:30 PM I noticed the unavailable message on two of my hd channels, 74 and 79. I have an HR10-250. After about 30 minutes they were back, without me doing anything. So it would appear that something is going on...

I re-booted and it still did it. Did the re-booted a second time and it has been ok, for two days now. Hope it is ok now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)