service temporarily not avaliable

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been getting "service temporarily not avaliable" about every 5 min for the last 3 hours on my H10 receiver.

I am curious if my receiver is flaking our or is anyone else experiencing this and maybe DTV is just messing around with something on their side?

Havent really had any other problems with this reciever in the 6 months I have owned it even though I have read it is really a troublesome receiver.

All in the 80's and 90's.

Ok, so I went in the basement and turned on my Tivo box (both on the same dish).

Came back upstairs and waited. H10, gets the "service unavailable", but I can still hear the TV downstairs playing.

So it is just the H10 I guess. :mad:

Thanks for the link!

Guess H-10's are just pretty poor.

Maybe I should upgrade to an HDTivo.

Circuit City has them for 499 after rebates.....hmmm....

It happens on the H10 when you flip through the channels too quickly. If you wait a minute it will get unstuck.

My H-10 did that a few times, after the last software upgrade, then I reset it and it was ok. Then the last few days it started doing it again, for about 10 seconds at a time, on a few occasions. Yesterday it gave us the message, then instead of coming back on, the receiver re-booted itself. It has not given us that message since yesterday's self re-boot. Hope it keeps up that way and holds on until they change it out for the H-20.

I also have a HTL-HD receiver that reboots itself, sometimes, when you come out of the search screen. It has done that since the last software update in 09/04. But before that upgrade the search screen didn't even work correctly.

My TS360 has rebooted several time on it's own also, now my OTA will not work. Tried resetting seems to help sometimes but not always. The last reboot solved the problem for about 25 minutes. Trying to watch local HD broadcast of football that is blacked out on Sunday Ticket and is very frustrating, have had nothing but trouble from the Samsung since buying it last year.Some of the problem were originally fixed with upgrades but these problems are getting old, feel like I am viewing programming via cable.......

Our TS360 does this from time to time the last few months. It takes a while before it will reset itself. But once we do it works fine. It only happens every several days.

I think it is funny that it has been almost a year to the day since this thread was originally started. Is anyone else experiencing this issue today. My H-20 has been doing it for the last couple of days and, specifically, it has been happening during the Yankees game every five to ten minutes tonight.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem lately.

Cheers,
Hantu

hantu said:
I think it is funny that it has been almost a year to the day since this thread was originally started. Is anyone else experiencing this issue today. My H-20 has been doing it for the last couple of days and, specifically, it has been happening during the Yankees game every five to ten minutes tonight.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem lately.

Cheers,
Hantu
My H-10 still does it ever once in awhile, like maybe once a week or there about...

Jimbo

Message just showed up on TCM first time...

:cool: I had recorded a show on my TiVo from TCM. When playing it back, I was surprised to see the "Service Unavailable Temporarily" screen. Of course, this screen is also recorded on the TiVo recording which is doubly-annoying. I agree with other members here that if D* is modifying their system - for any reason - that they should let subscribers know. Unfortunately, that rarely happens these days.

I have 2 TiVos, one is a standalone connected to my H10, and the other is a Philips (DirecTivo) as they were once called, with the built-in D* tuner. To my knowledge this problem is happening ONLY on the H10.

I also have my s/a TiVo and H10 plugged into a battery backup/surge protector. I am hopeful that this isn't causing any problems with either component.

One of the members here made a reference to experiencing this problem with an H-20, so I wonder if the H-20 will just be an H-10 with support for MPEG4. Does anyone know if that is the case?

Are there any thoughts on how to resolve this frustrating problem once and for all? At $95 a month, I don't expect to have to deal with all these annoyances! Heck I can pay that for cable + hi-speed internet and just use an OTA for HD signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts