SES-3 Too "HOT" ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If SES-3 was too "hot", what would you call a DBS satellite that pumps out 200watts or more? You'd think Dish and Direct would be having exploding receivers all over the place, lol.

Just remember this is a completely different satellite than AMC-1. Even though it's in the 103W "box", it doesn't occupy the exact same space coordinates as AMC-1. So, that might mean some of us might need to make slight alignment changes to our dishes, depending on where we are in the states, and how well our dishes where tuned in in the first place.

Doing as Brian says above, my first response if I was having issues, would be to change the lnb to normal skew, then delete all the transponders and then do a couple blind-scan passes to see what happens.

.......The KU SES-3 signals are average to weak compared to other frequently viewed satellites.
Just may be the reason I am having a hard time getting SES-3 on Ku to lock in. Working on it.....Works great on "C" band.
As for the nano firmware upgrade problem, I was able to get an old recorder to display the setup info so I could almost see it. Got the "odd" setting back to 1080i-60 and all is well. The original problem with ION rebooting has been fixed. Maybe from the new firmware.
In the future, I will use "cooler" words in posts........

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts