SES-3 Too "HOT" ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
One of my ION channels I get from SES-3 103 "appears" too HOT for my Amiko Nano. ION channel 3840/H/26681 comes in with S-90 and Q-74. Q much higher than in the past. Makes one think the new SES3 is what I am getting. Lyngsat still shows AMC1 and nothing for SES3, yet. So on AMC1 the service id matches and the video(1500) and audio (1501)pid match. Lyngsat shows the channel as "Ion TV feed" and not as free. But that is what I am receiving.
The problem is when I change to that channel for the first time, it holds for about 2 seconds and the receiver re-boots! The next time I tune to it, it plays without any problem. When the receiver has been on other channels, it just does not like going to this ION channel the first time. Resets everytime. SES3 too HOT?

That is strange, but don't think it is too hot. What firmware are you running on the Nano?
There have been a few incremental upgrades along the way, in fact one was just released for the Nano.
This one fixes a YouTube bug, but it has all the other updates in it over the past year or so.
If you have not upgraded in awhile I would give that a shot.
Here is the link to the thread I posted earlier this morning: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/amiko-nano-hd-firmware-1-4-49-youtube-fix.350903/

Sounds like removing the TP, rebooting, and rescanning is in order. I had to do that on AMC21 to get Montana to come back in just yesterday. (on the AMIKO HD SE)

Well, that did not go well. Did the backup and the install and all appeared normal until nano rebooted at the end of the load. Put it in some screen resolution that my old TV can't handle. I had this problem in the past and just used my much newer bedroom TV. Well that shows nothing. Not good, un-usable receiver.

SES-3 is not "too hot" which is the dumbest thing I have ever read in the FTA forum. The satellite operator adjusts the power levels and keeps them in a level that is within their specs. You can't blame the satellite or the uplink facilities, it's obvious you have some equipment problems. Jeez...

SES-3 is not "too hot" which is the dumbest thing I have ever read in the FTA forum. The satellite operator adjusts the power levels and keeps them in a level that is within their specs. You can't blame the satellite or the uplink facilities, it's obvious you have some equipment problems. Jeez...
Well, Sorry for your lack of humor. I am sure most persons here understood that was totally what was intended. You just may be correct. I am too stupid to be on such a site that contains persons that are as intelligent as you.

Well, Sorry for your lack of humor. I am sure most persons here understood that was totally what was intended. You just may be correct. I am too stupid to be on such a site that contains persons that are as intelligent as you.

Yeah, I will give SES a call and have them turn the power down so your reception will be perfect. Once they realize you are a SatelliteGuys member, they will be right on it!!!.

rsmithwi I have warned you before about your behavior. This is your last! Don't know if you have a substance abuse problem or you just get so bored that you want to stir up stuff....but I don't care. If you are going to be a part of this forum you are going to be courteous and mature.....or you can go find some place else to be a bully.

Well, that did not go well. Did the backup and the install and all appeared normal until nano rebooted at the end of the load. Put it in some screen resolution that my old TV can't handle. I had this problem in the past and just used my much newer bedroom TV. Well that shows nothing. Not good, un-usable receiver.
Un-plug the receiver and plug it back up. Then wait a couple of minutes to make sure it is done booting and then slowly hit the v. format key on your remote. Like hit it and wait 3-4 sec and hit again, etc. See if you can bring it back. It appears both the patches I uploaded this morning are set for PAL. I will have to fix and upload a different one later.

rsmithwi, we are here to help each other. Maybe your post #6 was technically correct, but there is no need to insult by saying its the 'dumbest thing I have ever read in the FTA forum'.

As for your 'lawyer threat' in post #12, you would only be wasting your money. The US Constitution's 'Freedom of speech' does not apply when we are talking on a platform owned by a private party, and if you disrupt it then KE4EST has the right to boot you.

Scott was nice enough to create this excellent place for people with common interests to share. Please respect that.

Please don't threaten me, If you have a problem than address it off the forums. Fyi, Lawyers are very expensive.
Yeah and I hope to pay your lawyer a lot of money to tll you that your a moron who is on private property...

Well you were on private property. Have a nice day somewhere else.

Pressed:
index.jpg

Well anyhow now that that's out of the way,

One of my ION channels I get from SES-3 103 "appears" too HOT for my Amiko Nano. ION channel 3840/H/26681 comes in with S-90 and Q-74. Q much higher than in the past. Makes one think the new SES3 is what I am getting. Lyngsat still shows AMC1 and nothing for SES3, yet. So on AMC1 the service id matches and the video(1500) and audio (1501)pid match. Lyngsat shows the channel as "Ion TV feed" and not as free. But that is what I am receiving.
The problem is when I change to that channel for the first time, it holds for about 2 seconds and the receiver re-boots! The next time I tune to it, it plays without any problem. When the receiver has been on other channels, it just does not like going to this ION channel the first time. Resets everytime. SES3 too HOT?

A reasonable question. In the Wonderful world of OTA there are plenty of times when running a high gain preamp
that your signal will be TOO HOT.

Reactions: KE4EST
Yes indeed, especially with digital signals. You can actually over power a digital signal like that. Trust me I know. I get all the channels in CT fine but I wanted to see if I could pull in channels from NYC.... well I could get NYC stations fine, but couldn't get any of the CT stations because they were over modulated (too ampped up) from the Pre Amp I put in.

Reactions: fred555
Let me assure all members that the SES-3 carriers are not "too hot". There are signals on other satellites that are many, many times more powerful. The KU SES-3 signals are average to weak compared to other frequently viewed satellites.

Unlike an OTA signal, the satellite signals are much weaker and must be amplified and downconverted in order to even make it through the coax.to the reach the tuner. Automatic gain controls regulate the gain or attenuation.

I would delete and rescan to make sure the signal parameters are correct and if the problem still continues, see if it can be verified on another member's system or swap out the STB to see if the signal presented by the LNB can be decoded on another receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)