SES-4 And SES-6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I am looking for info on SES-4 and SES-6 does SES-6 have a ku band side?

Dan Rose

Somebody needs to fix Wikipedia. SES-6 is at 40.5W, not east.

I saw somebody from Europe report a Ku-band test signal on it. I haven't heard anything from this side of the Atlantic.

I've picked up feeds on SES-4 at 22W, but not very often.

Well on Satbeams they have a ku band side up on SES-6 but what would I need for that Satellite? Do you need a unversail c band and ku band for anything between 30w and 58w?

dan rose

Dunno about C Band. Universal Ku lnbf for: 45W and 50W. Haven't found any feeds that would have required a universal lnbf yet.

45W: RASD (Western Sahara), and "Digital 1" (Chad)
50W: TBN Enlace, and some very occasional ITC satellite channels (promo weekend, etc)
53W: Canal 27 used to have a duplicate station here that would have needed the universal LNBF, but it's gone now. A standard Ku LNBF works fine here.

Dunno about C Band. Universal Ku lnbf for: 45W and 50W. Haven't found any feeds that would have required a universal lnbf yet.
45W: RASD (Western Sahara), and "Digital 1" (Chad)

Pretty amazing that beam, it's fine here in South Wales.

Would be great if more stations utilized this bird. Eastern US, the majority of Europe (especially strong in the UK and Ireland), and most of (Northern and Central) Africa. Strongest signal over Nigeria.

Pretty amazing that beam, it's fine here in South Wales.

I am picking up C band some not very good, some L are scanned and they scan the R with Pansat 3500SD and 10' unimash
birdog has ku but nothing showing for me. And that is on SES6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)