Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
In case it hasn't been mentioned, it looks like ION is scrambling their channels. Not all are scrambled but I'm guessing they'll get around to scrambling the rest of them.

Reactions: norman881
johnynobody,

A memo was sent to ION affiliates in April. Here's a part of it.

Attention ION Affiliates:
This letter shall serve as notice of ION Media’s intent to transition the ION Television satellite feed to an encrypted, high definition, MPEG-4, AC3 audio only feed by April 30, 2018.
The following ION Television feeds will be decommissioned as part of the transition:

Feed Name
Format
Transponder
Program ID:

ION East-SD
SD MPEG-2

ION East-HD
HD MPEG-2

ION East-HD4
HD MPEG-4

ION Pacific-SD
SD MPEG-2

ION Pacific-HD4
HD MPEG-4

ION Media will deliver the applicable ION Television programming via the below feeds from SES-3, transponder 17 located at 103°W orbital location. (See attached satellite technical specifications for more details).

Feed Name
Format
Transponder
Program ID

ION East WA MVPD HD4
HD MPEG-4

ION West WA MVPD HD4
HD MPEG-4

We've got it on a sub-channel, and unless you want to watch the same 60 episodes over and over of "Blue Bloods", "CSI", "Law & Order" Special Victims", "NCIS: Los Angelas" and all sorts of filler junk, who needs it?

I tuned on 1 ION channel on Galaxy 16 and I don't think we've ever watched a single show on it. It's like you said, their programming stinks. I won't be too disappointed if they do encrypt. We aren't a big cop show fans.

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts